Chapter Fifteen

(Short chapter)
It's just a small sickness...
╭──         ⋅ ⋅        ── ✩ ──         ⋅ ⋅       ──╮

Y/n woke up, coughing. She found herself on the beach. She immediately stood up and walked around..quickly realizing where she was. She was soaking wet, in strange clothing is what the villagers would've said as their eyes laid on the strange girl...she stumbled through the streets, feeling less sick as she reached Yeosang's home..she knocked on the door but no one opened it...no one.

„Sweetheart..the family that lived there doesn't live there anymore.." a sweet old woman said, making Y/n fill with confusion..she walked to the woman..."what year is it?..."
She asked the old lady, the old lady frowned but shrugged it off. „Its the year 1884 darling.."
Y/n slumped down onto the stairs. It's 10 years into the future?...he could be anywhere now..anywhere. The old lady gently sat down next to her, rubbing her back...

„You seem oddly familiar...may i know your name darling?" the woman asked her..she turned to the woman and answered „Y/n" catching the woman off guard...the woman started to cry.."oh..it's been so long sweetheart, my poor boy missed you everyday darling..everyday" the woman cried more and it made Y/n even more confused. Then it hit her.

Yeosang's mother sat in front of her.
She quickly engulfed the elderly woman in a hug.."may i know what happened to Yeosang?..." she asked quietly. The woman took a deep breath..looking at Y/n and holding her hands. „Sweetheart..."

„He's married to the princess. He's ruling this kingdom..." Y/n felt her heart shatter...tears build up in her eyes..she slowly started to cry, Yeosang's mother comforting her. „I know darling, let it out. It's okay to cry sweetie.." Y/n felt like breaking down..she came back. But at what cost?..what was the happy ending that she had wished for?...it wasn't here. It was gone. She was alone...maybe her soul was never meant to
.
.
.
.
.

Love.

┌─・。゚: ∘◦☾◦∘。゚. ─┐
        *1879*
└─・。゚: ∘◦☾◦∘。゚. ─┘

„Yeosang You're going to marry the princess!" Yeosang's father yelled out in the house with pure joy. Yeosang froze in place.."marry...the princess?..." He asked with a shaky voice. Dropping the things he held...his father nodded and clapped, smiling brightly. „I can't believe it, my son will be king!" It seemed that only his father was overlay excited over the news he had just received but Yeosang felt like crying...he wasn't able to keep his promise to Y/n. The promise to stay with her no matter what, he wasn't able to marry the one he loves.

༺═──────────────═༻

The wedding took place a month later. Yeosang stood in the huge ballroom of the castle, wearing a suit only the richest of people should wear, his bride walking down the isle. He couldn't look away...he found himself attracted to the woman walking down the isle...a woman he only knew for a month. A woman he'd have to rule with..he smiled as the woman stood in front of him. She looked gorgeous in his eyes, a beautiful white wedding gown with rose colored touches...the smile on the girls lips made him melt internally..and without hesitation he said the words „i do."...

He completely forgot about the girl he once met. y/n. She was no where in his mind anymore, she was gone. Forgotten.
„You may kiss the bride" said the priest and that's what Yeosang did. Kissing the woman with passion and love...just how he used to kiss Y/n.

༺═──────────────═༻

Happy endings weren't something everyone was allowed to live through...and for Y/n it seemed to never be a happy ending. She was stuck..stuck in this realm, stuck loving someone that won't even remember her.

And yet...

Their eyes connect at the market, only for him to look away with disgust.

She will never receive a happy ending.

THE END