05: Awkward to Tense Dinner

Averil's pov.
"When I had Bailey it was painful but I got through it because my mates were by my side." Owen looked at his mates with adoration.

I wished I could look at Dane like that..

We were talking about children because Malachai was talking about children so Dane wanted to talk about CHILDREN with him.

"I heard you guys have been trying for a pup." Cassius cuts into his steak looking heavily at me.

What the fuck is his problem?

I was about to speak but I lowered my head when Dane squeezed the fuck out of my hand.

I pursed my lips in pain and just dug into my steak.

"Yea, but were having complications.. the doctor was talking about how he was going to have trouble birthing pups." Dane looked at me and kissed my cheek.

I had the most monotone face ever, cause what the actual fuck.

Why would he mention me being infertile? That's not fucking fair..

It became extremely quiet and everyone was looking at me. "Oh well, I think that he can still have children theres been multiple times that omegas have been told they were infertile." Owen spoke then ended up explaining the Omegas body anatomy to Dane.

Then I realized Dane was being so fucking rude to me because of the doctor's trip we had a week after he engaged to me.. cause he found out that I was infertile.

I didn't know what it was until now and now I feel completely reassured by my self acknowledgment.

I would've felt even better if he didn't just spilled my business but whatever.

"But ye uhm, dessert anyone?" Owen tried to break the tense atmosphere which he did so well because my ears perked up at the mention of the dessert.

"Oh my goodness I'm in need of something sweet!" I stood up grabbing my plate only to be pulled down by Dane.

"Don't you think you need to cut off on the sweets?" He whispered. I looked back at him with a look of betrayal.. I didn't know my body was the problem now? Is he just picking with me just to fuck with me?

Owen and his two mates looked at each other curiously.

I rolled my eyes and stood up again ignoring how he clenched his fists.

I followed Owen and Cassius in their kitchen to get whatever they had for dessert.

"So Malachai made this strawberry shortcake and he has ice cream on the side." Owen pointed to the big cake and the tub of ice cream, which must've been expensive cause Ive never heard of it before.

I nodded and fixed myself a somewhat decent slice of cake and piled ice cream on top of it.

"Hey.. uhm Averil?"

I turned back and Owen was wrapped into Cassius arms, they were both staring at me..?

"Dane is.. really.. he treats you.."

Cassius rolled his eyes and spoke up for Owen.

"What Owen wants to say is Dane is an absolute shit bag and if he says something messed up to you again were going to kick hiss ass then kick him o-"

Owen hit Cassius on the chest stopping his continuous degradation of Dane.

"Uhm ignore him he has something up his ass."