Meeting Alexis

One evening as Alexis is walking she soon hears meowing and a small roar and decides to go investigate before spotting a small dragon wrapped up in a rope. As Alexis begins to walk towards the dragon it then notices her and growls defensively making Alexis stop.

"It's okay girl. I'm not going to hurt you. See? I'm a friend." Alexis says as she shifts to wolf form and lowers her head to try and seem as less of a threat.

"Easy now. I just want to help you." Alexis says as she slowly walks over to the dragon as she calms down long enough for Alexis to break the ropes with her teeth before quickly backing away from Alexis.

"Where did you come from girl? Where's your momma? She must be around somewhere." Alexis says as the dragon lowers her head sadly at the word momma making Alexis realize the dragon has no family and is alone like her.

"I see. You're all alone too huh? I'm all alone myself. I lost my family a year ago. I bet you're hungry too. Here you go." Alexis says as she shifts to human form and tosses the dragon a piece of meat from a little bag she has tied around her waist while. The dragon then sniffs the meat hesitantly and looks at Alexis.

"It's okay. Go on. Eat it. I'm not gonna take it from you." Alexis says as the dragon hesitantly begins to eat the piece of meat while keeping her eyes on Alexis.

"You sure are a beautiful dragon. You look like a Fur Fang. My mom told me about them once. It's a shame they're nearly extinct now due to vikings. I got an idea girl. How about you come with me?" Alexis says the dragon picks up the piece of meat and quickly gets further away from Alexis making Alexis shake her head and look at the dragon sympathetically.

"Still don't trust me do you? It's alright girl. Well I should be going. I don't want to make you anymore uncomfortable than you probably already are. Take care now." Alexis says as she leaves with the dragon watching her leave.

*Timeskip*

The next day as Alexis is walking as she then stops hearing a growling and sees a Gronckle coming towards her growling causing Alexis to scream and back up to a tree before the young Fur Fang Alexis helped yesterday comes out of some bushes and gets in front of Alexis before growling and roaring as she tries to seem threatening to the Gronckle as she looks back at Alexis before back at the Gronckle while growling.

"What the!? Where did you come from?" Alexis asks as the young Fur Fang shoots fire at the Gronckle causing it to leave. Alexis then sits down against the tree as the young Fur Fang comes over to her sniffing her.

"Hello girl. Do you trust me now and wanna stay?" Alexis asks as the young dragon then lays down next to Alexis and closes her eyes.

"I guess so huh? Guess I gotta call you something other than girl. I think I'll call you Dulce. My aunt used to say the name means sweet and it was sweet that you protected me. I think we're gonna get along great." Alexis says as she pets the young dragon who is now falling asleep next to her.

*Timeskip*

Eleven years have passed since Alexis met Dulce. The two are then walking one morning alongside a small cliff side before Alexis then loses her footing and falls into the river below as Dulce roars in concern.

"Dulce help! The current is too strong for me to swim!" Alexis shouts as her head goes under water a couple times while Dulce is unable to reach Alexis before she passes out and washed up on the ground with Dulce nowhere in sight. Alexis then opens her eyes momentarily to see she is being picked up by a blurry figure before passing out again.