Twelve

I don't know how I went to bed after, but I did. When I woke up I can recall bits an pieces of a dream I dreamt about me and Adam. I know how I must seem dreaming of a older man who has no feelings for me.

Do I even like him like that?

I don't know but it's beginning to seem that way. Like a school girl crush for her much older teacher. Ugh. I need to get my head on straight and fast. Adam isn't into me like that. Him kissing my forehead was the most mundane thing he could do towards me.

"Get it together Elliott."

I mutter out. Shaking the thoughts from by mind.

Getting up I went to the bathroom and made haste to get through the act of showering, brushing my teeth, washing my face and latter it with products so I don't look like a dessert.

I went to sort through my closet and find something cute and bright to wear that would keep my spirits up. Deciding on yellow wide pants and a cute sweater. I finish the look with a pair of converse.

My hair is brushed and left to its natural wavy state around my face. After this I packed my bag. Even if I'm going to campus for work-study instead of class I add my notebooks because there could be a chance I find time to start on an upcoming assignment on my down time.

I vacate my room after grabbing my essentials, phone, keys, and my wallet which fits perfectly in my pocket. Now all there is to do is eat breakfast. Which will probably be cereal.

When I get to the kitchen guess who I find cooking breakfast. None other than Adam. He's wearing another expensive looking suit. A navy blue one this time. Over it a clean apron to protect his clothes. He's standing behind the stove pouring out pancake mix into a frying pan.

It smells divine and looks even better.

"Good morning."

I greet getting his attention. Adam holds up the spatula and turns to me.

"Morning sunshine."

Sunshine. Where did that come from?

"Is it because I'm wearing yellow?"

"No. Wanna have some breakfast before you go?"

"Hmm." I nod. Grabbing a seat at the island. I set my bag down on the empty one beside me. But shouldn't he be at work.

"I thought you'd be at work by now."

Adam goes back to cooking. But answers.

"Thought I'd go in late today. Do you have class?"

"I have work-study on Fridays."

"How are you getting to campus?"

"The bus silly."

Adam nods.

"If you don't mind I can I give you a lift?"

Adam turns off the stove and grab two plates. He comes around, sets one down for me and the other for himself.

"Thank you. I'd like that."

"Let's dig in." Says Adam.

"Thanks for the breakfast." I say.

He turns toward me and hands me a fork. After tucks a lock of hair behind my left ear.

"Its all good sunshine."

My heart strums in my chest harder than before. My cheeks probably noticeably pinker. I look a way quickly eating my first bite. The whole time we ate I sent out a silent prayer that I wouldn't combust from sitting beside him.