Fourteen

Did yesterday really happen?

It did according to the grin on my face first thing this morning. I can recall all the interactions I had with Adam. The times he held my hand, called me baby, touched my face/hair, and even when he kissed my forehead.

Oh god. I still can't believe it all happened yesterday. Him taking me for ice cream just to tell me he likes me, then proceeding to ask me out on a date. Which according to him I'll be the one deciding what we'll do. Speaking of this date I need to think about that. I want us to do something we'll both like.

First things first though, I'm going to finish that paper. I know I'm almost done but I want to complete the rest and edit it so I can cross off one thing from my to do list for this weekend.

••••

That should do it.

I press save on my paper, after typing up the last part I didn't finish yesterday. Next I read it out loud three times until I'm certain it's edited enough to be turnt in. I need to print it now.

My social cultural professor is old-school so she prefers physical copies of assignments instead of electronic ones. I'm sure Adam has a printer I can use. I should go ask him.

Leaving my room I head across the hall to Adam's room. Softly knocking on his door. I wait thinking he'll announce its okay for me to enter. But after a while all I hear is silence.

Is he asleep?

Maybe he left to do something. But he said he'll be home today. Should I risk invading his privacy and go in?

Do it Elliott. What's the worst that can happen?

Okay here goes. I turn the gold handle of his door and gently push it open. Walking into a room twice the size of my own. The curtains are pulled closed so the room is a little dark but I'm still able to see the enormous California king bed. Going in I close the door behind me.

I go over to the bed finding Adam on his stomach fast a sleep. While squeezing the life out his pillow. His face looks tense as if he's dreaming of something upsetting. His blanket has ridden down to his waist so as my eyes gaze downward I'm blessed with his toned back muscles. All of the groves and valleys set in a toned way.

It's so wide and flexed from his harsh grip on his pillow. My mouth waters at the sight of him almost bare before me. I sit on the bed turning to the largest muscular man I've been this close to. Without any thought I rub his back hoping it soothes him in his sleep.

Surprisingly Adam's body visibly relaxes. I go to lay on my side beside him. Facing his face to watch him sleep. I know I'm being a creep but I can't help it. Who wouldn't jump at the sight to watch this sexy man sleep? I watch his face, his eyes closed so I see long lashes. Moving down to his nose, lips and chin.

As I watch him I can't help but wonder what it'd be like to actually sleep next to him. To have his strong triceps wrapped around me as he presses me close to him.

"He's shouldn't be so beautiful."

I whisper, or least I meant to. His eyes open. I gasp out.

Shit I didn't mean to wake him. In this moment as I'm surprised he heard me, I almost fall off the bed. Adam's muscular arm goes around me preventing this however. Whew that was a close one.

"That was close. Morning."
Adam says.

"Morning. I-I didn't mean to wake you. I'm sorry. I should go."

"No stay." Mutters with his grip around me holding tighter. I nod.

"Okay, I came to ask if I could use your printer. But I can use it later."

"Why are you awake so early? I thought you were going to sleep in."

Adam asks.

"I did it's after 12pm. I woke up at 11am." I confirm.

I know most people wouldn't consider this sleeping in but it is for me. Adam seems to disagree from the grimace on his face. He shakes his head. Moving further in the center of the bed pulling me with him. I prop myself up more comfortably on my side laying on my arm.

"That's still early sunshine. What were you doing?"

"I finished a paper I started yesterday."

"Someone was productive. How did you know I have a printer?"

I shrug my shoulders. "I kind of assumed. Sorry."

"There's nothing to apologize about. Have you thought about our date?"

"No not yet. I will later."

"Your hair is so wild."

Adam reach up to play with loose waves fallen into my face. His touch makes me feel special. All of sudden his hand goes to the back of head and he push my face onto his shoulder as be turns onto his back.

The thump thump of his strong heart beats like a drum under my ear. Without any care in the world we lay together until his fondling in my scalp culls me to sleep along with him.