The beginning

Jake Sully

The forests of Pandora, hold many dangers. But the most dangerous thing about Pandora...is that you may grow to love her too much.

We sing the song cords to remember. Each bead, a story in our life. A bead for the birth of our son, Neteyam.

A bead when we adopted our daughter, Kiri. Born of Grace's avatar. A daughter whose conception is a total mystery.

A bead for the first communion with Eywa. The people say we live in Eywa...and Eywa lives in us. The great mother hold all her children in her heart.

Before we know it we had four children. 2 beads added when Lo'ak and Nàlàni were born. Twins were rare but never impossible.

When we sent the sky people back to earth, a few of them stayed. Science guys, loyal to the Na'vi.

And then there was Spider. He was just stuck here. Too young for the cryo-capsule. Orphaned by the war, he was raised by the lab guys. He wasn't part of our family. He was like a stray cat, just always around, inseparable from our kids. To Neytiri he would always be alien, one of them.

Took a few years to get the language through my thick skull. But now when I hear it, it might as well be English.

It all goes by too fast, like a dream. Happiness is simple. Like date night, time away from the kids. But the thing about happiness...it can vanish in a heartbeat.

A new star in the night. It could only mean one thing. Ships, decelerating.

And sky people returning.