The spirit tree

I met up with my siblings under the water as we swam following the others. They dove us under some rocks as we soon came into a massive clearing, "we are here" Tsireya says happily as we all look around in awe. "This is the cove of the ancestors, our most sacred place" Aonung says next to me, "it kind of reminds me of home" I say with a massive smile as I look to the floating rocks in the sky. "Eclipse is the best time of day to be here" Tsireya says as we watch the sun vanish, the glow from the tree was beautiful. The way it glistens underneath the water seemed magical.

Aonung gets off his Ilu as he swims to my side, he carefully wraps an arm around my waist as he helps me into the deep water. "Would you like to go down?" He questions me as I slowly nod my head, "we won't go so deep, I'll be by your side" he says smiling at me. "Deep breath" he says as he imitates my actions, he held onto my hand tightly as he swam us down into the water.

He led me down to a leaf signalling for me to attach my braid, as soon as I did I was taken back to that beach.

I looked all around as I saw that figure again.. I call out "Ikàlu?" I question, "who's Ikàlu..?" The deep voice chuckles back to me. "Who are you..?" I question as I step closer, "what do you mean who am I Ma Làni?" They say as they turn around to look at me. I stood there in shock, my eyes widen.. "Aonung..?" I question in shock, "well who else would it be my love" he spoke as he comes over to me wrapping his hands around me. I gently move my hands to cup his face, he looked so different..he had tattoos, his shoulder were much broader he was much taller. He was so handsome.

"Daddy!" A little voice shouts as it runs towards us into Aonung's arms, "hi mummy!" The little boy then shouts to me..I was about to say something when..I was back to my real life.

Aonung shakes me awake as he points over to Kiri, she was shaking under the water as all her freckles flickers on and off. I'd never see anything like it, even the spirit trees might went out leaving us in the dark. Tsireya quickly detached Kiri's braid from the tree as we all rushed by her side helping her to the surface.

"Come on!" Neteyam shouts to us as he calls his Ilu over carefully placing Kiri on, "what is wrong. What is it?" Tuk shouts in worry, "it was a seizure" Neteyam says as he hops onto his Ilu. "Is she breathing" I shout as Neteyam blew into her mouth, "is she breathing!" I shout again, I needed an answer I needed to know she was going to be okay.

Rotxo came by my side as he helped me stay afloat in the water, I gave him a small smile at the gesture he could see I was struggling. Kiri started gasping and coughing, as she blacked out again "get her to the village hurry!" Tsireya says getting my brother to go. I watch as he tightly held onto kiri swimming her toward the village.

"Come on" Rotxo said as he gestured out his hand for me to sit on his Ilu, I accepted the offer as I wasn't in right head space to be guiding Korra. I held on tightly to him as he swam off leading us back to the village.

As we got back to shore Neteyam was shouting for help grabbing our parents attention, "what happened!" Our father says in worry. "It was a seizure. She connected to the spirit tree and just started fitting out" Neteyam says in worry handing Kiri over to our father as he carried her back to our pod.

"Is she going to be okay?" I say through a couple sobs, "Neteyam call Norm. Tell him to come here now!" Our father speaks as he ushers the boy away. My mother holds onto Kiri's hand as she silently prays for her daughters health. "Please be okay Kiri" I say pleading, I hand wraps around my shoulders, "come on..I don't think you should watch right now" Rotxo spoke as he led me to the beach.

He sits us down, "She'll be okay, she's strong" Rotxo says as he gently wipes away my tears, I flinched at his movement it wasn't something I expected from him. He gently takes hold of my hand as he looks into my eyes, "Nàlàni, I-" his words were quickly cut off by Aonung, "back off Rotxo" he said sternly to the boy. Even I flinched at his words..it wasn't a tone I had heard from him before.