6 • Veronica •

Yeah, I'd rather be a lover than a fighter
                         Silence-Khalid

He didn't come back, not like I wanted him to anyway. Typical rich boss CEO's, never keeping their promises.

I'm happy he didn't make it back tho, I mean what would we talk about even? Best left like that.

Or maybe I just stop pretending and agree that yh it did hurt to be stood up like that, it's not a date tho. Okay I'm acting weird about this fr, let's forget yesterday ever happened.

I didn't mistakenly hit my boss in a club and we weren't supposed to talk after that, yup that's exactly what happened guys.

Anyway right now I sat in my new office, God comfortable Friday  tho. This office screamed rich and comfort. An expensive table coated in leather and large enough to contain a lot on it.

I really loved it, much better than my former one.

A knock came on the door, "come in" I said.

A head pooped in, Sonia I think was her name "Umm, morning. You have a meeting with the head accountant in thirty minutes at the third floors board room" she reminded me

"Sure, I'll be there. Thanks love". She nodded and smiled, closing the door behind her.

I began arranging some of the files I had been given in chronological order, they weren't many anyway. I took out my iPad and quickly downloaded the files the head accountant had sent.

I had a case dealing with forgery, and we would go over the money spent and such.

Thirty minutes passed pretty quickly and soon I was in the elevator and on my way to the third floors board room.

Ah, he was already here, doesn't mean I'm late either. "Good morning" I greeted.

He looked up from his laptop and smiled at me, he looked like he was in his late fourties and still you could see the youthfulness in him, just slight crinkles by the sides of his face.

"Good morning Ms. Strings,I'm Mr. Fortune" he stood up and walked up to me stretching his hands for a handshake "nice to meet you, how has your day been so far and how do you find our company?"

I shook his hands and began taking a seat not too far from him. "it's been good so far, thank you and well the company is perfectly in order, nice management over here"

"Of course, not with the boss we have anyway. So have you examined the files I sent?" He questioned.

I shook my head in the negative and opened my iPad, opening the documents and beginning to screen through it.

After screening it thoroughly I began asking questions. "so he claims the documents he signed stated our company would get only 50 percent of his profits per month"

"Yes and now he says we seem to profit about 75 percent and from those records those claims are clearly false" fortune stated.

"Deal sealed on the 1st of April 2021 and took effect the next day, by the 30th the Reaper account was credited with 20 million dollars" I said to myself.

The door opened, I didn't bother looking up thinking it was simply coffee being served but when Fortune stood up, I glanced up and what I saw made me stand too.

The boss was here, I don't think he was supposed to be in this meeting though. "Good morning sir" Fortune and I echoed.

Angel or rather Mr. Reaper nodded in reply and sat at the head of the table and began looking at both of us.