Chapter Fifty-One - Virgin Mary

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it's just that yours is stupid."

Olivia Bennett

"Liv," A gentle movement in the bed wakes me from my sleep and the sunlight shining into the room causes an instant headache. I pull the pillow over my head in an attempt to keep the light out.

"Olivia," I groaned and pull the pillow off of my head, only to find Aaron leaned down beside the bed, next to my face.

I smile brightly, "Well, hello, handsome." I playfully pull his bottom lip down with my index finger before snuggling back into the blankets.

"Olivia!" I hear Layla's high-pitched voice and suddenly, I'm underneath of her. "Wake up," She pulls the covers away from my face as she lays on top of me. "We have stuff to do." I swat her hand away from the blanket, trying to retrieve them but she doesn't allow it.

"Fine," I moan. "I'm getting up."

"Five minutes, Olivia." She climbs off of me and pulls the blankets back even more. "I mean it."

The cool air coming from the AC causes goosebumps along my arms as I sit up in the bed, stretching out my limbs.

"Sorry about that, baby." Aaron murmurs as he plants a gentle kiss on my cheek and shifts his weight onto me, resulting in both of us tumbling onto the bed. With his chest pressed against mine and his comforting warmth enveloping me, a soothing drowsiness begins to settle in.

"I'm this close to going back to sleep," I hold up my thumb and index finger with a tiny space between.

After chuckling, he steps away from me and assists me in getting out of bed. Meanwhile, I carry on with my stretching routine while transitioning from my pajamas to a more casual outfit.

We join Layla in the kitchen where she already has a coffee waiting for me. I take a long sip, hoping to find enough energy to get through the day.

"What plans do we have?" I ask.

Layla gasps, throwing her hand over her mouth. "Aaron!" She exclaims. "You didn't tell her?"

"Tell me what?" I glance back and forth between the two.

Aaron rubs the back of his neck, staring at the floor. "My grandmother has an annual dinner party that my entire family attends," He explains. "And you're my wife, meaning you also have to attend."

"So...I'm going to be meeting all of your family tonight?" Layla and Aaron both nod their head, and I feel a sense of anxiety wash over me. I've never been good with people, especially not people that matter.

"It'll be great though," Layla reassures me. "Our family is very friendly." Aaron glances at her which tells me she's lying. "Some of them..." She adds.

I roll my eyes and lean on Aaron's shoulder. As I watch Layla write out our plans on a piece of paper, I make mental notes of each one.

1. Buy new dresses, even though our closets are full of them.

2. Get our nails done, which is something I have never enjoyed.

3. Go to the dinner, and try your best to fit in with their family.

As I mentally went through each plan of the day, my anxiety got worse but I reminded myself that Layla and Aaron would be there so I would be okay.

"Let's go," Layla grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the elevator. I resisted long enough to steal a kiss from Aaron before we left.