Chapter 43- A Visit to the Fire Nation

Since Korra left me a few weeks ago, it has been oddly strange considering that I have been around her almost all of my life, from when I used to live in the South Pole with Gran Gran to when she came to Republic City to live with my family and I.

Korra had called me over the radio to inform me that she had reached the South Pole and was ready to get back to shape. But it's been a few weeks since she said that and she still wasn't back yet.

After returning from the Fire Nation, Iroh was receiving a lot of criticism for taking a long break from his general position. "You're quitting for a girl?" "You've become weak, General!" "Are you going to replace your mother as the Fire lord?"

I felt sorry for Iroh, but he seemed fine. He was so good at hiding his emotions that I sometimes envied him, but I always tried to cheer him up when I thought he was down.

Currently, Iroh, Ikki and I were at the Republic City mall, shopping.

"Ooh, Iroh can you buy me this one?!" Ikki asked as she pointed to a massive stuffed giraffe-horse in the middle of the store for stuffed animals.

"Ikki," I rolled my eyes. "You have enough stuffed animals."

"But this one's pretty!" She squealed. "And tall like daddy. And Iroh said I can get anything I want!"

"Not quite literally everything you want!" I pointed to the amount of items Iroh had bought for her.

Iroh placed his hands on my shoulders. "It's alright, Fara. You act like I'm not the Prince of the Fire Nation."

"Yeah, because it's not important." I joked sticking my tongue out at him.

"Yeah, okay." He said wrapping his arm around me as he purchased the item for Ikki.

"Thank you, Iroh. I love you!" Ikki lovingly hugged Iroh's waist.

As we continued to walk around the mall, I had accidentally bumped into someone. "Oh no, I'm so sorry."

"No worries," the cool voice had said.

As I saw the probender clearly, my eyes widened. "Tahno?!"

"Oh, hey, Fara. How've you been?" He grinned, but as he fixed his gaze on Iroh, his smile faded.

I brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "I've been good, I've been good, you?"

"I've been dead inside ever since I lost my bending." He took a brief pause. "But Korra restored me and teammates bending, so I'm forever grateful."

I awkwardly shook my head. "That's nice. Well, I guess I'm gonna go-"

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?"

Iroh rose his eyebrow. "Friend? I'm her boyfriend. And how do you know Fara?" The general asked, getting offended.

"You see," Tahno combed through his hair. "Fara and I used to date."

My eyes widened. "It was one date."

Iroh's face scrunched up. "You dated this chump? Mako I get it, but him?!"

"I was in desperate needs at desperate times, plus have you heard his voice? It's so cool."

Ikki came out of the toy area. "I'm bored, can we go home now?" She whined.

Iroh picked up Ikki as he placed her on his hip. "Good timing, kid."

Before I turned around to leave, I waved at Tahno. "See you around?"

"Yeah, you still go to the probending matches?"

I shook my head. "No, not ever since my friends stopped playing."