Thirteen

Saul

I've been sitting in my car waiting for Salem to stop yelling at this annoyingly handsome prick.

I have no clue what is being said because they keep switching between very fast spanglish and Italian.

I would be lying if I said hearing Salem yell in Spanish wasn't making me want her even more, which now that i'm thinking of it, it's sounds kind of bad.

The only thing i've gotten out of this whole argument is that he lied to her in some way but i'm not fully sure about what it is. I will say it has to be pretty bad because she is livid.

There have been a couple times when I almost got out of the car because she started getting more aggressive and she was practically punching him in his chest.

She also started crying and laughing at the same time which was pretty scary.

This woman is definitely something.

The whole argument ended with Salem slapping the shit out of him and then opening the door.

"Yea, Salem I deserved that but please answer when I call." he was now holding my car door from being closed.

I was about to handle it but Salem beat me to it.

"You're already blocked, go tell your baby mother and son how much you love them before you ruin that relationship." She replied while pushing him out of the way and slamming the car door.

Well now I know what that argument was about.

As soon as she put her seatbelt on, I turned on the car and headed to the restaurant.

"Soooo, do you want to talk about it." I ask tapping my finger on the steering wheel.

"Honestly." she begins wiping her face. "I wish there was something to talk about you know? The only thing I can say is that he is someone I didn't expect him to be, he could be a threat to my well being when he's supposed to protect me. And to top it all off he has a child with a baby mother who lives at his house in Mexico." She pauses. "What the fuck do I do?"

She sighs and begins to sniffle.

I know she's crying.

Thankfully I already pulled up to the restaurant.

I gently remove her hands from her face and grab her face with my right hand to lift her chin.

I begin to wipe her tears, and I don't know what compelled me to say this but I did.

"Salem it's okay you couldn't have known, he wasn't truthful with you and there's nothing you could've done about it but at least you know now and all you have to do is move forward okay?"

She nods.

All of a sudden the world stops. All I see is her and there's a pull between us that I feel, and I know she feels it to. We begin to move in sync staring into each other's eyes. Her lips part, and just as we're about to touch lips. There's a knock on my window.

Fuck.

Salem clears her throat and immediately backs away from me. "Sorry." She says. She looks a little flustered and I find it so cute.

I roll down the window already knowing who it is.

"Hey little brother, I saw you pulled up but haven't got out yet so I decided to come see what the hold up was about." He says smirking at me.

"And hello to you Salem...oh? what's wrong you seem a  bit out of it do you have a cold?"

He's such an asshole.