seventeen

Salem

It's official. I don't believe in love, I honestly think i'm a cynic at this point. Love is an insane concept and loving someone else is even crazier. I have officially decided that love isn't in the cards for me.

That doesn't mean I won't keep dating around though. Even though love probably doesn't exist at least I know there's someone out there who i'll enjoy being around.

I'm also kind of glad that i've officially moved to a really nice 2 bedroom studio in a good part of seattle.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Damien snapping in my face.

"So what do you mean you don't believe in love? you literally have dated so many people and told me how in love you are. What's wrong with the british boy?" He asks popping popcorn into his mouth and looking over at me.

"Okay one. Haven't dated that many people-"

"Lies." He interjects.

"Okay well whatever, I haven't dated over 4 people in the last two months that's got to count for something, and the british boy is okay I just don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know have you, you know? did the deed?"

"What? No we haven't got that far yet."

"Have you kissed him?"

"No comment." I say looking down.

"So what you're telling me is, you finally have someone who is willing to take it slow and you're gonna maybe give it up?"

"Well when you put it like that you make me sound really bad." I say turning away from him.

"Well you're acting really stupid right now, get over this funk you say the same thing everytime something doesn't go your way."

I roll my eyes and pop some popcorn in my mouth while turning away from Damien to watch the movie. About 30 minutes pass by and my phone starts buzzing.

"Who is it?" Damien asks while looking over at me.

I look down, only to be surprised that it's Vincenzo.

"Your brothers best friend." I pinch the bridge of my nose and answer.

"Hello?" I'm slightly confused as to why he's calling me, and i'm pretty sure Damien is too because he paused the movie and got really close to the phone.

"por qué, por qué me haces esto?" I can tell he's a bit drunk and his words are slurred. (why, why are you doing this to me?)

"Okay, first let's slow down. What are you talking about?" I ask getting up from the couch as I start to pace.

"El coreano, realmente te estás metiendo con el coreano. ¿Solo era una broma para ti?" He starts to yell and I can tell this conversation won't go well at all. (The korean, youre really messing with the korean was I just a joke to you?)

"¿De qué estás hablando?" I ask genuinely confused. (What are you talking about?)

"They're saying that the famous Hong family's son is getting married to a beautiful black woman there's so many articles about it. Is it you?" His voice sounds so desperate, like he's making a cry for help and I have no clue what to do.

Damien is following me around like a lost puppy looking more confused and concerned than I.

"Married? to who?"

"Don't play with me Salem." His voice is barely audible and I know if I don't play my cards right he'll be here as fast as a plane can take him.

"Okay first of all i'm not getting married and I haven't been proposed to so calm down, secondly how did you find this out, and third of all how in the fuck do you know the Hongs?"