One Last Kiss ~05~

"Hey, love... Are you okay," Jennifer asked Denis in a worried tone. Ever since she'd got back from work, she had noticed he had been rather... stressed. 

"I'm alright," Denis brushed it off. 

"Had I been too obvious?"

The words popped into his mind, but he swore he hadn't been showing any emotions of the sort. Denis placed his newly bought book onto the desk. 

"How could she have known?"

He continued to overthink about the matter, to the point Jennifer had to shake him for him to come to his senses.

"Love! Love," Jennifer called as she shook and shook him. "Oh, I am sorry," Denis apologized. Jennifer sat back onto the edge of the bed, and patted the place beside her. Denis sat down beside her in return.

"Tell me what's wrong, please," she said and held his shaky hands. "Love, I told you, I'm alright," Denis brushed it off again, he couldn't let her know. "No you're not, now tell me," she commanded. 

"It's just a meeting that's coming up soon," Denis lied. "I was chosen to host it, and I'm worried I'm going to screw it up for everybody."

Jennifer believed his lies.

"Awwe," she cried out in happiness, "I'm so happy for you! You have wanted this for so long, haven't you? Oh I'm sure you'll do great! Don't worry about it." She then laid onto the bed, "I'm glad you're here with me... I love you."

"Love you," Denis said after she had fallen asleep.

6 days. 
6 days for Denis to figure out a plan.

1 month. 
1 month until marriage.

And before then, Jennifer must find a way to leave the Mafia.

So much, in such little time, can they do it? And more importantly...

Will they succeed?