One Last Kiss ~07~

Blade then entered the van, and Jennifer did soon after. The tension was high, it always was when Blade suddenly changed his tone in such a way. He had never been the happiest person alive, but he wasn't always that upset either, he'd sometimes become this way however. 

"Uh- I'm sorry Spades," Blade said shortly after. Jennifer had been looking out the window just before, but at these words, she looked back at Blade. He usually didn't apologize, so this was weird for him. "I- It's okay," Jennifer said. 

Blade then looked back at the road, instead of looking at his partner, who he'd been looking at before. Jennifer could tell the van was being filled with more tension then ever and she decided she had to step in.

"Blade, has something happened to you recently," she asked him.

He looked back at her in surprise and immediately stopped the van. Eyes wide open, he looked at her and asked, "How did you know...?"

The thing was, she didn't know.

She had no idea what could've been the cause of all this tension, or of Blade's apology. She felt like she'd been a horrible partner for not completely knowing that something had happened to her partner, who she'd spent years completing missions with.

"I- I didn't," she stuttered out. "I just had a feeling."

Jennifer then took a hold on both of Blade's hands, in hopes to calm him down, "Hey, hey, It's okay," she said to her worried partner, "I'm here for you, you can tell me anything." Blade looked back at her, his eyes wide, looking as if he were about to break down, but he kept it in.

"You can let it out," Jennifer, or to Blade, known as Spades, said, trying her best to comfort Blade. He, in response, actually began to cry, which for him, was really weird. 

"I can't let it out, I really want to, but I can't," Blade said, while writing something on an old receipt. He handed it to Jennifer, mouthing the exact words, "Read it." Jennifer took the receipt and read it carefully,

"They're watching."

5 days.
5 days for Denis to figure out a plan.

30 days.
30 days until marriage.

And before then, Jennifer must find a way to leave the Mafia.

So much, in such little time, can they do it? And more importantly...

Will they succeed?