12. Ⓢⓔⓒⓡⓔⓣⓢ

Sunghoon's POV

Here I was hugging Shin Yuna. I should've been happy but I wasn't. I couldn't bring myself to say anything to her. Not after that shocking revelation. I just gave her a hug to help her muffle her tears. Ten minutes ago, I should gave just said no.

~Ten Minutes Ago~

"Huh?", he said and regretted it immediately. Park Sunghoon, why are you so stupid? What the fuck is 'huh?' supposed to mean? She just said she's going to tell you a secret, that means she trusts you! He mentally scolded himself.

"If you don't want to know, it's fine", she said, he eyes still sparkling because of the tears.

"No, no. If you trust me, you can tell me", he instantly replied.

"Really?", she asked, sniffing.

"Yes", he breathed.

"Well, that guy at the shop was my best friend till middle school. We were inseparable, there wasn't a day when we weren't together. We were 'Kamal and Hussey', those were our nicknames for each other. I loved him as a friend, a brother but eventually it became more than that. I had the biggest crush on him since the sixth grade. We were still best friends and we still went everywhere together. I knew everything about him and he knew everything about me, well, almost everything. I never told him I had a crush on him, or liked him, heck I loved him. How could I just tell him that? I would have broken our friendship. So I kept it in the blue for two years. After the eight grade, he left. He left for the States and I cried for a whole week and kept missing him till now. He left me a letter and it's still framed in my room for no particular reason. Well he's here now and I thought when I finally see him again I'd be happy, I'd give him a huge hug and everything will be like it was. Then why am I like this, unable to face him?", she ended, after much stuttering and sniffing, this time crying really hard.

"Do you still have feelings for him?", he asked internally praying that she says no.

"I don't know, I know that I missed him everyday and thought about him every night but does that mean I still have feelings for him?", she replied. Yes, Yuna, yes. He thought but answered differently.

"I don't know".

"I'm really pathetic, aren't I? Crying so stupidly for such a stupid petty reason", she said bitterly.

"Stop crying Yuna, stop crying. Do you want a hug?", he tried comforting her, though he has no experience in the field.

She leaned in and cried some more while muttering 'sorry' and 'I'm so stupid' and 'I should stop', and hugged him. She felt comfort and he felt butterflies.

~Back To The Present~

Yuna and I got off at the bus stop and headed to Yuna's place. I offered to drop her home but it started raining a while after we got off the bus and headed to her home. Neither of us had an umbrella and there wasn't any shade anywhere. Shit!

"I guess this is fine. I now understand Charles Chaplin and why he loved the rain", Yuna said, laughing bitterly. I swear, she's going insane.

"Yuna, let's go faster. We'll both get sick at this rate", I said.

"I'd rather be sick, that would lessen the chances of me being dragged outside where Hyuka would be", she simply answered. Hyuka?

"Yuna, you're really troublesome, you know that?", I sighed.

"Yeah, I know and yet you're here and you didn't leave yet. Thank you, Sunghoon. What would I do without you?", she said. You still love Kamal or Hyuka, whatever. Stop saying these things.

"If you don't pick up the pace, I'll abandon you", I threatened.

"You won't", she laughed.

"Shin Yuna", I sighed again.

"Okay, fine. Let's go home, you can sleep over tonight", she said.

"Great, now you're talking gibberish", I said.

"Shut up", she laughed.

We eventually reached her home and was scolded by her mom.

"I'm sorry mom, don't blame Sunghoon. He practically dragged me here because he was worried I'd get sick though I wanted to dance in the rain", she giggled.

"Yes, because other people your age have common sense. Thank you, Sunghoon", her mom said.

"It was nothing", I shrugged.

"Stay for dinner", her mom pressed.

"No mom, he's sleeping over. I checked the weather report, it's too dangerous to go out today or tonight", she informed.

"Okay, did your cousin leave any clothes here from the last time he visited?", her mom asked.

"Of course, he left his clothes for us to wash, that lazy ass. He'll be back next week to take them", she rolled her eyes. What kind of a messed up- you know what, I won't even wonder about this.

"Great, give those to Sunghoon. Sunghoon, you can use the bathroom", her mom said.

"Thank you both so much", I said and took the clothes that Yuna had run to bring.

I texted my parents and informed that I wad staying over at a friend's place because of the storm. After I got washed up and dressed, I got out of the bathroom. Yuna and her mom were cooking in the kitchen, I heard them bickering. I chuckled.

Yuna's bedroom door was left wide open and I saw it, a framed letter next to a framed picture of her next to a guy as a kid. The guy from today and I remembered the bitter truth.

I have no chance with Yuna, her heart already belongs to someone else.

•°:·*.✦.*·:°••°:·*.✦.*·:°•

I hope y'all are enjoying this book. I honestly have no idea what I'm writing

Your reads, votes and comments mean a lot and they make my day

ο*:.°•·✯·•°.:*ο

𝑸𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝑶𝒇 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒚
𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅?

𝑴𝒚 𝑨𝒏𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒓
(𝑌𝑒𝑝 𝐼'𝑣𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑒 𝑁𝑆𝑊𝐸𝑅 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑖𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑐𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑦)

𝑽𝒊𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝑽𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒖𝒐𝒔𝒐𝒔
(𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑠𝑜 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠, 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦)