16. Ⓓⓐⓨ Ⓞⓤⓣ

Yuna POV

I woke up the morning after Huening Kai and I had our special talk and my mom who had kept asking me about what we talked about will finally get answers.

"So, what did you even talk about?", she asked and said with the biggest glare, "don't you dare answer with the word "stuff" again".

"I'll tell you, don't worry, just focus on the pancakes. We wouldn't want to eat burnt pancakes, would we?", I said taking out the syrup from the refrigerator.

"Yeah, yeah", she said.

"So we talked about how we spent school after we got separated", I said.

"Did you tell him that you moped for months and refused to make any friends?", she asked. God, I get attacked even at home.

"Yes, yes I did", I said, with a hint of sarcasm.

"And what else?", she motioned for me to continue while scarfing down the pancakes.

"We talked about the new friends we made", I answered. No way I'm telling her about Hyuka and Taehyun. That's not my position, not my secret.

"That's it?", she asked.

"Yeah, we'll talk more today", I answered.

"A date?", she asked.

"No, we're just friends and it'll stay that way", I answered. (A/N: Ngl, this line ryt here is hurting me)

"So....Sunghoon?", she asked.

"Bye", I said, keeping my plate in the sink and running to my room to get changed.

~Time Skip~

Hyuka picked me up and I'm taking him everywhere today. The park, the little store in the mall where I saw plushies, even my school. Maybe we'll get those mall chair massages too.

We went to the park first and went to the little playground area to the swing set we always used to go to when we were younger.

"I missed this place", he commented, "you're lucky to have stayed here".

I laughed awkwardly and said, "I actually never came to this part of the park after you left".

"Bish, are you serious?!", he exclaimed.

"Wow, you've been Americanified", I remarked.

"It's all Yeonjun's influence", he shrugged.

"Is there any other place you didn't go to?", he asked.

"The ice cream store with the claw machine where we would waste all our ice cream money trying to get the plushies and obviously our old school and I never went near your old house", I answered.

"Okay, we have to go there", he said.

"Sure, let's go to the mall first. There's a plushie store there so there's no way we'll end up wasting money on the claw machine", I reasoned.

"Okay", he agreed.

~Time Skip~

Hyuka and I reached the mall and the first thing we did was head to the store where he fell in love with all the plushies. After debating for like 20 minutes, he chose five.

"We spent too much money, we won't be able to buy any food", I grumbled holding one of the shopping bags for him as we headed to the food court.

"It was worth it. Besides, we have some money left", he replied, with a huge smile plastered on his face.