𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐊𝐢𝐝𝐬 - 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐉𝐨𝐲𝐬
°.•.°.•°.•°.                                                  .°.•.°.•°.•°
PRESENT DAY.
With clammy palms, you glanced around at the other contestants. Wisteria surrounded you with protection from the demons awaiting you. A few feet away from you, a boy with shaggy yellow and orange hair was pale in the face. He appeared to be on the verge of throwing up. Poor guy, you thought to yourself. Your hand found itself gripping the handle of your sword nervously.

   The identical twins ahead of you reminded you of Yin and Yang. Their eyes made the hairs on your neck stand up. To avoid their gaze, you looked down at your own haori. It was overall a purple mauve and had a diamond pattern. At the vertex of each diamond were curved four pointed stars, which were a light golden shade. You remember the frustration of decorating the perfect haori with Tomioka.
°.•.°.•°.•°.                                                  .°.•.°.•°.•°
   "Tomioka, what do I do?" You pouted your lip and sat on the floor crisscrossed. Tomioka stood above you and smirked while shrugging. "Well, what do you like?"

   It had been a while since you did something you liked. You let yourself travel back a few years, when life was normal. Your body was sprawled along the lush grass and you stared up at the stars. It didn't matter how frequent you did it, stargazing was always your favorite. You studied star signs and constellations until your eyes crossed, earning you the nickname Star.

   Blinking back to reality, you smiled at the old memories. Then that frequent wave of doubt washed over you. "Tomioka, how could they accept someone like me into the corps?" His face looked more solemn than usual. Even after numerous times of Tomioka teaching you the Water Breathing technique, you just couldn't comprehend it.

   You stuck your nose into every book until you came across it: the Moon Breathing technique. You denied it would work, considering the fact you couldn't master the technique common of humans. You couldn't even follow along with Water Breathing, let alone a technique foreign to the human race.

   Yet that night you studied until you passed out, and the next morning you put your knowledge to use. The learning process went fairly smooth and with a few tweaks, the technique was completely compatible with your sword and abilities. Your one fear was that the corps would recognize your technique and connect it to the demon who specializes in it: Kokushibo. Perhaps they would assume you're an undercover spy, or secretly a demon.

Tomioka scoffed and leaned against the wall. "Your breathing technique is the least they will worry about. If there was proof you were communicating with a demon, then there would be a problem." You sigh in relief and stare down at your purple mauve haori. Picking up your needle and thread, you decorated the haori to best represent you.
°.•.°.•°.•°. .°.•.°.•°.•°
"Everyone.." the two twins began to speak and caught your attention, "we thank you for coming here tonight. To the Demon Slayer Corps Final Selection." Hearing the words confirmed that you were here, prepared to face demons.

   You glance around once more and spot the familiar kind eyes of a childhood friend. The twins speaking turned into muffled mumbles as you watch Tanjiro walk onto the platform. He wore a blue haori with clouds and waves on it and fox mask on his head. He bore a sword at his side and seemed not to notice you.

Seeing him made your heart drop. His face had matured since your last "meeting". If only you didn't have to see him now. The pressure weighed you down as you imagined seeing Tanjiro hurt, killed, or not seeing him at all when you had finished. Sighing, you turned your attention back to the twins.