𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐒𝐞𝐭 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧 - 𝐀𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐞
°.•.°.•°.•°.                                                  .°.•.°.•°.•°
A WEEK LATER.
   As time passed, you had to admit that you missed Tanjiro. He was sent on missions back to back that left him no time to rest. Giyuu was also out on a mission, leaving you alone in the quiet hut.

You tighten your lavender kimono and grab a cup of tea when your raven shot through your closed window. It rolled on the ground and sprung up animatedly, leaving you concerned for its mental and physical health.

"Good morning! Travel northeast to your next mission on Mount Natagumo! You will be accompanied by other swordsmen!" It croaked.

   You nod and allow the raven to perch on your shoulder. "Good morning to you, too." You pet its head with your index finger and walk around the hut, gathering your sword and haori.

   Once you were dressed and downed your tea, you left the hut with the raven. "Are you okay after that incident?" You giggle and allow your raven to hop onto your finger. "Of course! Good luck." It spoke in its raspy voice and flew away. You smile to yourself and make your way to Mount Natagumo.
°.•.°.•°.•°.                                                  .°.•.°.•°.•°
   After a while, you see three boys jogging ahead of you but only two you recognized. "Tanjiro! Zenitsu!" You jog and wave your hands erratically in the air. Tanjiro stops in his tracks and turns to you with a wide smile. He lets you catch up to them before pulling you into a hug.

"It's been a while!" He mumbled into your neck, his voice sending vibrations along your skin. You squeeze him tighter and sway with him. "You're always busy being the best swordsmen every." You tease him and pull away from the hug.

"And you," you dig your finger into Zenitsu's chest and grin. "You're too busy being his right hand man!" Zenitsu rolls his eyes and whines. "And who are you?" You cock your eyebrow and place your hand on your hip.

The boy wore an abnormal boar mask, dual swords sheathed on each side of his hips, and hakama pants with fur lining the waist. He also had no shirt on, which made his attire look nothing close to the swordsmen uniform your peers wore.

   "Oh, this is Inosuke! Inosuke, this is my childhood friend Y/N, but we all just call her Star." You raise your hand awkwardly and nod.

   "Is this your girlfriend, Kamaboko?" Inosuke exclaims and shakes Tanjiro by the shoulders violently. Tanjiro simply smiles and pushes Inosuke off of him while your insides flipped. Why didn't he say anything, you thought to yourself. Perhaps there was a possibility he thought of you more than a friend?

You rub the back of your neck and continue jogging with Zenitsu while Inosuke harasses Tanjiro further.

"So, what have you been doing?" You turn towards him and smile awkwardly. His face is red and drenched in sweat, an irritated look on his face. "Don't talk to me while we run, I'm already about to throw up." Zenitsu groans and faces forward. You figure it's best to leave him alone and continue jogging.

   Tanjiro and Inosuke had finally caught up and the three boys began conversing about some old lady that allowed them to stay the night. Inosuke said something that ticked Tanjiro off, causing him to run away from the group. You tailed behind Inosuke who ran to catch up with him while Zenitsu struggled to keep up.
°.•.°.•°.•°.                                                  .°.•.°.•°.•°
   The sun had set once you near the entrance of the mountain. "Hold up! Would you mind waiting a second?" Zenitsu exclaimed from behind you, causing everyone to turn towards him. "Zenitsu, what's wrong?" Tanjiro replied with a concern look on his face.