𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝 𝟗 - 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐲
°.•.°.•°.•°. .°.•.°.•°.•°
   After your battle, you returned to your hut exhausted. The missions will only get worse from there. You bore open wounds and bruises all over your body, your loose clothes brushing against them. At the front door stood Tanjiro, waving frantically at you.

   "Tanjiro? What're you doing here?" Your mood was instantly lifted at the sight of his face. His genuine eyes took in your appearance and he frowned. "I came to see how your mission went." He shrugged and took your hand. Tanjiro guided you up the stairs and into your hut.

   Leaning against the counter was Giyuu and Urokodaki, a small cup of sake in their hands. "How'd it go?" Giyuu asked with a stoic expression on his face. You roll your eyes and shrug your haori off; obviously it went well if you're here. "It went as well as it could have."

   "Tanjiro, have you gone on your first mission already?" You tilt your head at him. He smiles and guides you to your room to get comfortable on your futon. Once Tanjiro told you his experience, you realized you weren't the only one dealing with a demon that sinks into the ground.

   After recounting your battle to Tanjiro, he stares at you in adoration. "What?" You smile sheepishly at him and fidget with the ends of your blanket. He's resting his cheek in his hand, his elbow keeping him up on the futon. You're parallel from him, mirroring his position.

   "Three demons for your first mission? You're insane." Tanjiro giggles and pokes your cheek. You feel your face heat up. Nowadays, you seem to be more sensitive around him. His voice is the only thing you want to hear; especially his praise and admiration for you.

   You tilt your head at him and scoff. "It's nothing compared to that mutated demon you slaughtered at Final Selection." Tanjiro rolls his eyes and pulls the blanket over the both of you. He tugs you by the hem of your uniform pants to bring you closer to him. His warmth radiates off of his body and engulfs your skin.

   "I love being around you." He smiles sweetly at you. You giggle shyly and cover your face with your hands. He swoons you so casually that it drives you crazy. "We should train together sometime." He suggests, messing with his own haori. You're suddenly reminded of the question you always wanted answered.

   "What color sword did you get?" You flip onto your stomach and hold yourself up with crossed arms. He replicates your pose and tilts his head at you. "I got a black sword." He speaks slowly. "And what does that mean?" You furrow your eyebrows.

   His forehead creases and he glares down at the futon. "It holds all colors and breathing styles, but the users are doomed to die young." The atmosphere is thick once he finishes speaking. "Well, shit." You finally reply. The two of you laugh together until you're out of breath.

   Your wounds begin to sting due to your uniform and blanket rubbing against it. "What's wrong?" Tanjiro stops laughing and gazes at you with concern. "Just a few scratches, nothing serious." You shrug the blanket off and pull your pants' leg up. The bruises had turned blue and yellow, splotching across your shin and knees. The skin around your scratches were red and irritated.

   "Star, let me help you." Tanjiro sat up and walked out of the room. He came back with a first aid kit and sat next to you. "I can do it myself, you know." You chuckle and attempt to take the kit only for him to snatch it away from you.

"You should accept my help more often." He scoffs and sits across from you. Opening the kit, he scouts for the disinfectant, bandages, and wads of cotton. In the meantime you roll up your other pants' leg and both of your sleeves. Now that you see it, you're lucky you didn't get an infection. The small but deep wounds were surrounded by dirt and the demon's blood. You could see a few burns from whatever acidic goo happened to land on your skin.