𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐍𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐬 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝
°.•.°.•°.•°. .°.•.°.•°.•°
   The wait for Tanjiro's return was irritating. You had offered to clean Inosuke's wounds with a handkerchief, yet he had too much pride to allow you to help him.

   "So.." He spoke from the ground, squatted in an uncomfortable position to stretch his legs. You cock your eyebrow and cross your arms.

   "You and Kamaboko?" He queried and tilted his head to the side, his boar head sliding enough to reveal his navy blue hair. You scoff and kick at the ground.

   "We're just friends, as he already told you." You mess with a stray thread from your haori, ignoring the sideways glance from Inosuke.

   "You are so dense!" He exclaims, jumping up from his position and flailing his hands around. You furrow your brows and turn to him with a bewildered expression on your face.

   "It's so obvious he likes you!" He stomps the ground and grabs you by the shoulders. You couldn't tell if the blood rushing to your face was from him shaking you, or the fact that he may be right. After all, he is Tanjiro's friend.

   "I'm dense?" You scoff and shove him off of you. "What do you know about people liking each other anyways?"

   "I just know!" Inosuke jumps up and grasps at a branch of a nearby tree, swinging erratically. You decide to leave him alone and take a breather. Killing that demon winded you and you could no longer ignore your need for oxygen.

   You bring your hand up to your forehead and rest it there, sweat dripping off of your warm face. Inosuke's empty words seemed to stick with you. Did he really like you, or has Inosuke never seen a friendship between a girl and a boy?

Nevertheless, you felt it was too early to try and identify any romantic feelings. You and Tanjiro had just reunited, and perhaps it was simply how ecstatic you were that you're best friend was in your life once again.

You shrugged off the feelings and returned to the tree Inosuke swung from.

When Tanjiro finally arrived, you were doubled over with Inosuke roughly slapping your back. He had forced you to attempt consecutive pull-ups from the tree, claiming that it would make your strikes heavier.

He urged you and Inosuke to join him on his journey to find more demons apart of the "family." In the distance, you heard a thunderclap, which seemed to strike the ears of Tanjiro as well.

"What was that sound? Did lightning strike?" He queried, expecting feedback from you and Inosuke. "How should I know?" He replied, snarling and stomping across the crunchy grass.

"Inosuke!" Tanjiro called for him, watching as he stretched himself between land and a rock in the river. "I think I'll go that way.."

   "Go ahead and do whatever you want!" He grunted in response.

   "You should descend the mountain." Tanjiro advised him. His words you and Inosuke by surprise. Why would he want that? "Why would I? Just beat it!" Inosuke took his words to heart, although Tanjiro simply stared at him with a genuine expression.

"No, because you are severely wounded." You took this moment to observe Inosuke's state and
you nodded in agreement. Blood was still dripping from his shoulders, where he bore injuries.

"I'm not injured at all!" He protested. You pinch the bridge of your nose at his stubbornness and sigh. "Inosuke, anyone can see your wounds."

A presence across the river peaked your interest and the three of you turned towards the figure standing there. It was a girl who resembled the demon the three of you had noticed before, presumably to be apart of the "spider family".