𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐃𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐲 𝐈𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐞𝐬 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝
°.•.°.•°.•°.                                                  .°.•.°.•°.•°
THE NEXT MORNING.
Light creeped between the curtains and blinded you. You turned over and felt the futon, realizing that the warmth that held you all night had left. Peeling your eyes open, you sit up slowly and examine the room. The only other person in the room was Nezuko, who was curled up under the covers.

   "Good morning, Nezuko!" You offer a warm smile. Her big, pink eyes glance up at you and blink slowly. Maybe she was still tired. "It's been a while, hasn't it?" You attempt to make small talk. After a few quiet moments, she slithers her arm under the cover and holds your hand, squeezing it lightly. Your hand melts at her warm touch and you smile. "It's good to see you again." You let your hand slip from her's and stretch. It was about time you start heading home.

Hugging yourself, you peered around the corner and scanned the room. The bright sun gave you a clue of what time it was: 8 am. The only other person in the hut was Urokodaki, who had placed breakfast on the table. It consisted of steamed white rice, fried fish, and a side of miso soup.

   Though the breakfast seemed impossible to turn down, you knew you stayed long enough in their household. It was time for Tanjiro to rest and enjoy spending time with his sister. You grabbed your clothes from off of the floor and walked across the living area. "Good morning, Urokodaki!" You greet him, your eyelids still heavy from the last week of work. He turned back and nodded. "Good morning." You smile at him and retreat into the bathroom to prepare for your journey.

Slipping on your uniform was the best feeling. It loosely clung onto your body and was warm from sitting in the rays of the sun. Because your haori was dirty, you flung it over your arm and walked out of the bathroom.

   Sat on the floor in front of the table was Tanjiro. His face lit up from the sight of you and he immediately jumped up. "Good morning, Star! I was afraid you had already left." He chuckled and grabbed your hand, pulling you into a hug. You rested your chin on his shoulder and closed your eyes.

   Although you wanted to savor the moment forever, you pulled away. Tanjiro gazed into your eyes and kept his hands around your waist to keep you close. "I loved rekindling with you, but I should probably go." He pouted and looked at you with a soft expression. "You're gonna leave me already? You have to at least have breakfast." He continued to butt his bottom lip out further until you surrendered and nodded.

You sat at the dining table and examined your food. Looking at the mouthwatering food made you go cross eyed, urging you to hurry and bless your food.

   "Thank you for this delicious meal, Urokodaki! I have to repay you sometime." You drool over your meal and pick up your spoon. "Don't worry about it, I have plenty of mouths I'm willing to feed." You scoop some of the miso soup onto your spoon and slurp it softly. Immediately, the hot soup ran down your throat and pleasure overcame you. "This is so good." You whine and enjoy your meal.

   "You know, we'd love to have you and Tomioka over more often for dinner. Sharing a meal is always better than being alone." Tanjiro peered over his bowl at you and smiled. You chuckle and shrug. "If I'm not a bother, I don't mind coming over. Tomioka, on the other hand.." You sigh and down the last of your breakfast.

Tomioka was always a reserved person, even around you. You were lucky to even pry at his personal life. The only reason he took you in as his own was because he felt it was his duty to protect and train you. You recall the time when you were making your haori and pried at his backstory.