𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 - 𝐌𝐚𝐜 𝐃𝐞𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐨
°.•.°.•°.•°. .°.•.°.•°.•°
   Your eyes flutter open at the sound of yelling and a white ceiling you don't recognize. A pain throbs throughout the entirety of your body, especially in your ankle. Thinking about the mission you were just on made you wince.

You turn to your left and realize the yelling came from Zenitsu, who you hadn't seen for the entirety of the mission. He was sat up and moaning about having to take medicine five times a day.

   He bickers as the poor girl beside him practically begs him to take the medicine. His complaints draw the attention of another girl with blue hair, who stands in the doorway with an expression of disapproval.

   A Kakushi walks by with Tanjiro on her back and the sight of him brings butterflies to your stomach. You sit up, ignoring the pain, and wave frantically at him. He smiles at you with tired eyes and waves back.

   The Kakushi and the girl enter the room, eyeing Zenitsu down with a sense of annoyance. "Will you please pipe down!" The girl shouts, glowering over Zenitsu's bed. Her cerulean eyes burn with fury and her cheeks turn red from yelling. "Seven days' worth after each meal, didn't we already explain it to you numerous times?"

   You pinch the bridge of your nose, embarrassed by Zenitsu's actions. "If you don't stop this now, we will tie you down!" She declares, propping her hands on her hips. You smirk at her threat and turn to Tanjiro. His face is scrunched up in embarrassment and worry as he watches his friend act a fool.

   She storms out of the room as Zenitsu continues to quiver on his bed. "Zenitsu!" Tanjiro shouts from between you and Zenitsu's bed. His shoulders tense at the familiar voice.

   "Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself? So you did come up the mountain after all!" Tanjiro bombards him and watches the back of Zenitsu's head. As soon as he turns around, he begins wailing and holds onto his legs propped on the Kakushi's hips.

   "Tanjiro! Listen to me, will you? I got stung by this stinky spider and the poison hurt like crazy!" He blabbers on about the story you were sure he recounted to whoever would listen. Tanjiro turns his head towards you and you offer him a small smile.

"Zenitsu, did you get smaller or something?" Tanjiro cocks his eyebrow and you sit up to stare at Zenitsu. He pulls away from the Kakushi and you gag at the string of snot he leaves behind.

"I almost got turned into a spider. My arms and legs are really short right now." He lifts his arms and the sleeves of his shirt fall far past his hands.

"Oh, so that's what happened. Where's Inosuke?" Tanjiro queries, staring over the Kakushi's shoulder. "Have you seen Murata?"

"I haven't heard from Murata since the mission, but Inosuke is right next to Zenitsu." You speak up, your voice raspy from being quiet for so long. Inosuke lays still with his boar mask still intact.

"Hey, you're right! He's been here all this time and I didn't notice!" Tanjiro props his hands on the Kakushi's shoulders to get a better look at him.

"It's because he's so silent." You mutter and snicker at your own remark. Tanjiro suddenly falls off of the Kakushi's back with a thud and pulls himself up onto Zenitsu's bed.