𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐒𝐤𝐲𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 - 𝐀𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐞
°.•.°.•°.•°.                                                  .°.•.°.•°.•°
TWO HOURS LATER.
   The journey to the infamous town was rough, but soon a village came into view. It seemed to be rundown and ancient; the vines on the side of the huts were growing uncontrollably. Parchment with rapid cries of help scribbled across the front were pinned to trees and walls. Many children, ranging from ages three to seven, were described on each one. Your heart ached for the broken families in desperate search of their kids. With confidence growing in your soul, you puffed your chest out and approached a local.

   "Thank Buddha, someone is here!" The old lady cried, bent over with age, and moles all across her face. You placed your hand on her shoulder in an act of generosity and offered a warm smile. "I'm here to help. Can you tell me what has been going on?" You bend down a bit to make eye contact with her. Her eye bags accompanied her tiny eyes and worry added depth to her face.

"My grand babies.. I asked them to fetch me some water and they never came back." Her body shook violently under your touch and you ushered her to a nearby bench. "Could you describe how they look?" You sympathetically rub her back and listen carefully to her fragile voice.

   "They are identical female twins: dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. They're both only four foot and they're dressed in purple kimonos." You nod attentively and stand up with your hand gripped around your sword.

The sun began to set, queuing that whatever demon taking these children would soon lurk the streets. You figured it would be best to ask more locals about the missing children.

   The people of the village gave you plenty of newfound information. Apparently, this demon stood at seven feet, with sickly grey skin and deep sunken eyes. It was a heavier set demon who had caused most of the damage towards the huts. The moon officially shone in the sky and the wind whistled around you.

A shadow crept around the corner, nails scratching against the walls of the huts as it moved. You swiftly made your way around the corner only to spot a pair of young girls. They were both small and shaking violently, dark circles surrounding their wide eyes, yet they looked so familiar.

   Suddenly, you realize they are the grandchildren of the local. Their matching purple kimonos are dirty and torn to shreds just below their knees. Their hair is tousled and one twin is missing their sandals. "Please.." One of the twins whimper. The sounds pull at your heart, but you take a deep breath and stand tall. You can sense the demon just around the corner.

It all happens in a span of seconds. As soon as you took your first step, the demon leaped out of the shadows and engulfed the twins in thick ropes of goo. It was an iridescent green and soon pooled at their feet. The presence of another demon slips behind you; you merely dodge the attack it throws at you.

Unsheathing your sword, you back into an alley and stare at the two demons tormenting the twins. "Fell for my bait like a mouse and some cheese." The heavier demon spoke. He looked exactly as described, yet ten times more sinister in person. His wide smile disturbed the features of his face and stringy black hair fell over his eyes.

   The other demon was the complete opposite: he was so skinny that his bones showed through his charcoal skin. He had slender, blue eyes and a crooked smile that altered the way he spoke. You could see veins throbbing from his bald head as he eyed you. Great, you thought.

The two girls in front of you writhed in pain as they attempted to escape the goo's clutch. "This pretty little thing looks like fun to play with. So young." The skinny demon spoke with a lisp and rubbed its hands together.