2 Weeks Pass

It was 2 weeks later after BASIL and I were discharged from the hospital. I am still supposed to wear the eye patch for a while to prevent infection. But that's besides the point. Right now I am going to GINO's PIZZA with AUBREY.

AUBREY was going to pick me up, since I was half blind now and wasn't used to it. I heard a knock on my door. "SUNBUN are you there?" I opened it. "Hey AUBREY!" I greeted. We walked to GINO's. "So my Bunny, BUN-BUN escaped, and when I found her she... is a mom now." AUBREY told me. "So does that make you a grandma?" I teased. "Ehh not really..." She said.

"Does that make me a grandpa though?" Her cheeks warmed to a rosy pink as I asked.
"What no! How does that even make sense?" As we arrived at GINO's I saw a SPACE BUNNY for a second, but it disappeared. I guess that's what happens when HEADSPACE resets. I thought to myself.

I walked in first, but I saw THE FAVORITE in here. I played with the BIG YELLOW CAT. "Uhhh space cadet... you're zoning out again." AUBS said. "Oops sorry AUBS!" I just came up with that nickname. AUBS and SUNBUN the perfeft duo. I just knew we would be perfect together in the future.

We waited for our pizza together. I hadn't been here in a long time. "So what kind of pizza do you want SUNBUN?" Aubrey asked. I wasn't sure what to choose. "I'm not exactly sure..." I replied. "Alright we'll have pepperoni then.
Our pizza got to our table. We ate it together. We talked in between bites. "So, how many kits did BUN-BUN have?" I asked. "5, one of them is black and white so we named that one OREO and the other 4 don't have names yet. I'm not going to keep them all, once they are old enough except for OREO, they're going to other homes. My mom doesn't have enough money for all of them, since she spends a lot of it on..." AUBREY paused. "On what?" I asked.

"Nevermind."

After we finished the pizza I asked if we should go to FARAWAY park. "Yeah sure. Sounds fun." As we walked over to the PARK, we saw an orange stray cat. "Meow?" The cat said. "Let's go... this cat likes to beg for food, and once you feed it, it likes to leave." AUBREY informed me.

I saw KIM. "Yo! AUBREY! Where is your bat you usually carry around?" KIM asked AUBREY. "KIM not right now. I'm hanging out with SUN-BU... SUNNY" AUBREY told KIM. I felt my ears warm up.

We noticed the sun was setting. "Hey SUNNY, let's go to the SECRET HANGOUT and watch the sunset. I think it will be pretty." She said. "O-ok! Sure!" I followed her to the spot. We watched the sunset. "This really is beautiful." AUBREY stated. I leaned on her shoulder. "It sure is." The sound of the wind on the water. The red, orange, and purple of the sunset. AUBREY being next to me. This was just a perfect scene. I could sit here for hours, but the sun would be fully set by then.

Soon I was in my bed, a little confused. I must've fallen asleep. I looked out my window, birds were singing, BASIL's flowers were blooming, it was beautiful. On days like this, kids like me should be visiting AUBREY.
I walked over to AUBREY's messy house, and knocked. "Hey AUBS? You there?" I asked. "Who is it? It better not be stupid KEL again!" She looked and saw that it was me. "Oh SUN-BUN it's just you. I thought you were KEL for a second... hehe" AUBREY said. "So what do you want to do today?" I politely asked. "I don't really kn- actually we could go hangout with BASIL, he might want some help planting some flowers." I liked that idea.

"Hey... AUBREY... I'll be right back!" I told her, and walked off. I ran into the woods. Yes AUBREY was, well AUBREY, but the moving was rescheduled to be tomorrow and I could not move.

Then I realized what I was planning was dumb, so I went back. "Yo, where did you just go?" AUBREY asked me. "I thought I saw an animal... it wasn't though." I responded. We saw a woman come over. "Have you seen BASIL? He was just with me..." POLLY, the one we saw come over asked. "Oh that's ok..."
Now we needed to search for BASIL. "Come on AUBS. Let's do this. We need to find BASIL." I blankly said. "Ok, so first let's check around town. Maybe the park will have clues!" AUBREY said. We went over there, no sign of BASIL. We checked GINO's, we checked HOBBEEZ, we checked FIX-IT, we checked OTHERMART, we even checked in our own homes. We realized our search wasn't going anywhere. So in response to this, we asked HERO, and KEL if they knew anything. "Sorry, I'm afraid I don't. But I can help look! I happen to have a keen eye." HERO offered.

"I'm not as observant, but I'll help look too!" KEL added. "So, I don't know where anything out of town is..." AUBREY told me. HERO made a suggestion, "What if we create two groups. If we do that we will find BASIL in half the time, and who knows if he's hurt." I agreed, but I wasn't sure about the rest of the group. "Hey wait... what if I ask the rest of THE HOOLIGANS to help, they may be rough around the edges, but they know BASIL is my friend again." AUBREY chimed. "That's actually a really good idea for once!" KEL teased. I walked with AUBREY to find THE HOOLIGANS, and low and behold they were at the park. As we walked, I noticed the orange cat again. I gave it a little pat. He ran away after.

I hope that's not what BASIL did... I anxiously thought, quickly pushing that thought away. No, I need to keep calm. I can't find my friend if I'm panicking. It was getting late. The sun was already set by now. This wasn't good. "Hey SUN-BUN I think we should wait until tomorrow, we won't find anything in the damn dark." AUBREY said. I went home, and immediately fell asleep.