Find him

HEADSPACE would have to wait. I needed to wake up as soon as I could. I was tired of these doors. I was tired of the shop. It's only been 2 visits here and- I need to stop. I need to appreciate my world. I can't reset here again. Everything is here for a reason.

I went through another door "You have unlocked MAIN STORYLINE event number 1" Then I was brought back to THE HUB. The door that gave me that reward was gone. I went through the NEIGHBOR's room door again. This time I was able to get her stuffed toy from the watermelon, and return it to her. I just needed to find a way to wake up. BASIL needed me.

I pushed the thought of BASIL away again, since that wouldn't do much good. Bad thoughts just slow me down. I thought. "So let's go see MARI, and BASIL!" KEL suggested. So on we went. As we walked, I felt a chill go down my spine like a snake hunting its prey. I could tell something was off. We got to the playground. "Where's BASIL?" KEL nervously asked. I didn't answer. What was I supposed to say?

So I guess the real world is seeping into HEADSPACE, well it does make sense. "I'll go check his house!" When I got there, a shadowy version of him was there. "SUNNY... look in the OTHERWORLD" I didn't like STRANGER's new change in way of talking, but at the same time it makes sense. STRANGER was created as a way to try to teach me the truth, the opposite of OMORI.

I remembered a trick that almost always helps me wake up. I used it, and it just brought me to the HUB. "SUNNY, SUNNY, can you hear me?" I didn't like this. And then I was in my bed. I dashed to AUBREY's house. "AUBREY! We need to look for BASIL!" I shouted at the garbage filled house. AUBREY doesn't deserve to live in a house like that, her mom needs to be better. "SUNNY... What the heck, it's 5am." AUBREY grumbled. I grabbed her hand. "Let's go." I sternly asked. "Fine! Chill!" AUBREY scoffed. The longer without BASIL, the worse.
"Before we look, shouldn't we get KEL, HERO, and THE HOOLIGANS, and POLLY would probably be a big help too." AUBREY said, nudging at my shoulder playfully. "Oh and also, HERO told me he was going to pack everybody some lunch." AUBREY informed me, as we ran from place to place. In almost no time we had everybody.

"Ok. We are going to have two groups. Group one will have KIM, AUBREY, SUNNY, POLLY, and VANCE. While group two will have KEL, CHARLENE, ANGEL, THE MAVERICK, and me." I saw almost everyone nod in agreement. "I chose the groups, so you could be with people you trust most, well the best I could with two groups and ten people." HERO laughed at himself. "Sorry if these aren't-" KEL interrupted. "Stop rambling! What if BASIL got kidnapped? Or even worse, died..." There was a sense of desperation in KEL's voice. "Ok then KEL, well group one you take a left, and my group will take a right." HERO said. I missed BASIL.

"Remember, this is BASIL we need to find." POLLY reminded. I heard a crunch. The crunch kept going. It was just a rabbit. Headspace AUBREY on cue, scolded me for calling a beautiful creature like a BUNNY "Just a rabbit" but then I snapped back to reality. "I don't think it's a good idea for that nerd to come along. He seems like a space cadet... hehe" I didn't like how KIM was so insistent on calling me a nerd. It's ok though. We just need to find BASIL. If we find BASIL then it will be fine.

Everyone needed BASIL. Everything was fine with BASIL.

No

Everything was always fine. Everyone was ok. I stopped myself from regressing to that thinking when I noticed it, not everything is fine. But we will make it fine.

My feet were starting to hurt. I had no idea where we were anymore. I was getting scared. That's when POLLY realized, we were lost. It was a good thing AUBREY was with me. Without her this search, I wouldn't have made it this far. Please BASIL, come back. I almost wanted to go back to WHITE SPACE, because it's always safe there.

The world was getting darker. I wasn't used to being out for this long. I needed a break. No words would come out though, what if they thought I was weak.

It was clear I couldn't ask for a break. Maybe I could recreate OMORI... I shoved that dangerous thought away. I wanted to go back to safety. I felt a sting in my chest. It felt like a circle around my heart, pulling tightly. SOMETHING was behind me. I tried to run, but my legs wouldn't hold steady. I collapsed. I was still awake. POLLY and AUBREY were asking me questions. I couldn't hear them though. Everything is going to be okay.
Everything is going to be okay. That thought kept repeating. It repeated. Until I was tired of it. Things weren't as okay as I wanted. I felt the sting in my chest again. I tried to calm down, but my lungs fought to breathe. I needed BASIL. Even though AUBREY was here, I needed everyone. I didn't like this.

A glimmer of hope showed, when there was a photo on the ground. I could understand the others again. "SUNNY, there's a photo!" AUBREY cried in excitement. Things were not okay. But it was getting better. I took a look at the photo, it was a picture of a masked stranger. I looked closer, and BASIL was in the back. He was kidnapped. AUBREY hugged me. My ears reddened at the hug, but then I said "We need to find BASIL. Th-there isn't time for hugs right now." My speech stumbled.

We kept walking, POLLY was completely silent for a long time. I noticed KIM and VANCE were going the other way. "Hey! What are you two doing! We need to find BASIL." AUBREY yelled out to the two siblings. They just ignored us. It was getting dark. SOMETHING was getting bigger. "Alright... I think we should go to sleep now, I brought enough sleeping bags and a big tent, plus some food so let's set up camp." POLLY attempted to say. POLLY did the most of setting up camp, but POLLY was still abnormally quiet. After it was done, I was the first to sleep.