The Last Doors

Before I went through any doors, I thought when I woke up during the long walk back home I could spend time daydreaming. Unless someone decided to talk to me. BASIL tends to walk slower than the rest of us. Ever since...

I went through the next door, not finishing my internal dialogue. This door would be the 5th door. It was bedazzled with many gems. When I went in I found a hospital, but it was full of gemstones. There were rubies, sapphires, emeralds, and many more gems. There was a light from somewhere that bounced off of the gemstones. It was a beautiful sight. I walked forwards, shortly finding a monster. The monster had glowing eyes of an indescribable color. The eyes pierced my soul as they stared. I tried to ignore the monster as I walked. "SUN-BUN, I don't like this." AUBREY quietly said, her sounds echoing the cave wall. I hadn't realized she was still following me. I found a mirror, when I looked in it I had the sky eye still, angel wings, and a crown. "AUBREY smiles warmly behind you." Seeing AUBREY in the mirror was comforting, even if it was only a dream version of her.

As I kept walking forward, I felt uneasy. The monster was still following us. It engaged in  a battle. SUNNY attacked the monster. AUBREY used HEADBUTT. The fight was surprisingly quick. I noticed a village in the cave. The monster must've been guarding this village. The first house I went inside of was surprisingly bland.

All there was, was a singular watermelon with a piece of tofu in it. The next house was better. Inside of it I could find a single white tulip on a bed. This bed is comfortable. The tulip makes it hard to sleep on. You rate it a 9/10. I thought. Beds have always been amazing. I missed sleeping in them. Two nights without beds, a sleeping bag instead. I stopped myself, trying to not break the immersion of HEADSPACE.
The house had 10 toasters. It had a recycling bin as well. While I was leaving the house, there was someone trying to go in. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE?!" They yelled. I braced for impact, but nothing happened. I ran from the village, realizing going through people's houses was a bad idea. At the end of the cave was another door. The door led me to THE HUB.

Before going through the next door, I opened the MEMORY LANE app. It was basically a recap of the events after the truth. Their reactions, hanging out with AUBS, and BASIL getting  kidnapped. It also had the mundane time spent in the hospital. It had the features of the past memory lane as well. It showed the small moments, the big moments. The sad and the happy. This was very different from the other MEMORY LANE, but it made sense. More memories open up when you stop repressing.

I went through the 6th door. The door looked like a refrigerator door. Contained within the door was a place full of snow. A place similar to the original WHITE SPACE. A place of emptiness, a home without warmth. A place to survive, but not to live. I shivered. I couldn't tell if it was from the cold, or from the thought of WHITE SPACE. I simultaneously loved and hated WHITE SPACE. On one hand it was safe, on another it was incredibly boring. THE HUB is a lot better than WHITE SPACE.
I snapped back to focusing on my environment. There was nothing here. I kept walking. Until I found a door back to THE HUB.

In the CAMERA app I could see I had a snowflake hair clip. The 7th door was full of rocks, and KEL's dog. I tried to pet one, but it became SOMETHING as soon as I did. I was not a big fan of that. I tried petting more, but it didn't work. Most of these doors led me to safe places, so why was this one different? I definitely did not like that. Once all the dogs were SOMETHING, the rocks fused together and became a mountain. As I climbed it, it became harder to breathe. At the top was a door back to THE HUB.

The 8th door was locked. The 9th door was as well. I tried the 10th door. It lead me into a memory. "SUNNY... how could you throw your violin"

"Why SUNNY... WHY! Your friends worked hard to get that. It just shows how ungrateful you are." I tried to escape. I honestly tried. Going the other way wouldn't work. All she did was grab my arm. In an instant, a ghostly figure pushed her.
Wait, what ghostly figure? I pushed her. Didn't I. Soon I realized the ghostly figure was me. I saw her fall. Just like that fateful day. That awful fateful day. I couldn't stand thinking about it. "Get me out of here!" I screamed. Nobody heard me though. Who would listen to a monster like me. An awful beast. All I ever did was ruin everything.

I saw BASIL... hang her. I followed along. I hated this memory. Why was I even saving him? I shoved that thought away quickly. Things corrupted back to THE HUB.
THE HUB immediately became BLACK SPACE. The thing was that 9 of the 12 remaining doors were gone. There were only 3. The first door. It replayed a strange version of the pushing. MARI and I swapped places. I saw a quick glimpse of her crying. Before my brain brought me back. The next door showed me when BASIL did... his thing. I hated that. Get me back home.

I knew that wouldn't work. The last BLACK SPACE door brought me into seeing another version of me ignoring KEL's knocking. I hated how I even thought of possibly ignoring him. Living in my dream world would most likely have the opposite effect.

All I did was just stare, before being brought to THE MAIN QUESTLINE. I felt SOMETHING following me, as I did the story. It was all the same. All of the events were bought after a while. At the end, I wondered why I wasn't waking up. I went back to THE HUB which was a door spat out by HUMPHREY instead of the W key. I went through the HOME door and awoke.