17

17| Ear piercings

Nobody's POV
October 25

Azuree and Skai sat at their parents' vanity while playing with their jewelry. The sisters really wanted to try on their parents' earrings because they were so shiny and sparkly but they couldn't seem to get them on.

"Why is this not working?" Azuree said trying to stick the earrings in her ear. The problem was that the two of them didn't have ear piercings for the earrings. Janet walked into the room and saw her daughters at the vanity.

"What are you two doing?"

"These aren't working momma."

Janet laughed, "It's because you guys don't have a hole in your ear like Mommy and me."

"Oh well, can you put one for us?"

"You guys want one?" Janet asked and the two of them nodded.

"Yeah. We want to wear earrings like you and momma."

"Okay well we have to go to the mall but I'm warning you guys that it will hurt a little." The sisters nodded and headed to their rooms to get ready. Toni came upstairs with Desiree in her arms.

"The girls said that we are going to the mall..."

"Yup, they were playing in our earrings and were complaining that the earrings weren't working."

"Ohh they want their ears pierced."

"Yup."

"Did you tell them that it will hurt?"

"Of course but you know them, stubborn like you."

***

The six of them got inside Janet's seven seater Tahoe and headed to the mall. Tamar decided to tag along since she wants another piercing also. The family got out of the car and walked inside the mall. It wasn't that crowded since the mall just opened up but they had to hurry up because once word got out that the celebrities were there, it would get crowded. They walked inside V.I.P. Bodies to get their piercings. Tamar went first to show her nieces that it wouldn't hurt that bad. The piercing that she would be getting is called the industrial piercing. She sat down in the chair and the lady marked her ear. She would only be getting the piercing on her right ear and not on both. The woman pierced Tamar's ear and she flinched a little bit, nothing too major.

"Oh no, I'm not going." Skai said and almost walked out of the shop. Toni laughed and pulled her daughter back.

"Okay, you don't have to go. Zee you still want to go?"

"Yes! I want the same one Auntie Tay has."

"No baby you can't get that one yet. When you get older you will be able to." Azuree nodded understanding her mother. She would just be getting a piercing in her lobe. She picked her birthstone, garnet. The woman marked on the lobes and looked her the young girl's parents. They nodded she soon pierced Azuree's ears. Once she was gone, she handed Azuree the mirror to look at herself.

"I love it!" She said and smiled widely. Skai liked the way the earrings looked on her sister so she decided to get one also. She picked her birthstone, amethyst. The woman did the same procedure that she did for her sister and Skai flinched. Tears filled her eyes but she wiped them. It hurt her a little bit because she also doesn't like needles. She hopped down from the chair and clung onto Janet's leg.

"I'm sorry." The woman said feeling bad for hurting her young customer.

"It's okay." Skai said and sniffled. Janet rubbed her back and paid the woman. Once everything went through, the family left the mall.

"I go?" Desiree asked and Toni shook her head.

"When you get older you can decide." They headed back inside the car and Toni drove them home. Desiree had fallen asleep in the car so Tamar carried her to her room to put her down.

"Girls you two have to stop touching your ears because they will get infected and fall off." Toni told her daughters and they gasped.

"Mommy, why would you say that?"

"Because it's true and you don't want that to happen do you?"

"Nope."

"Alright then." Toni said and Janet laughed. She remembers being that age and Michael telling her the same thing.

***

Janet's POV

I'm going to prank Toni since she decided to prank me. The other day she took out the filling in the Oreo cookies and replaced it with toothpaste. So when I bit into it all I tasted was toothpaste. And she had the nerve to laugh. It wasn't even that funny but she got me good. But I'm not going to let that slide, I have something coming for her. Right now she's in the shower and she's washing her hair. I have a bag of flour that I got just for today. I snuck inside of the bathroom with the bag in my hand. I silently stood on the toilet seat and I smiled. I can't wait to see her reaction. I dumped the whole bag of flour all over her head and she yelled.

"Janet! What the hell?!" I loudly laughed as I stepped down from the toilet seat. I did a little dance and she opened the curtain a bit revealing her face. My goodness. The flour was all over her. I laughed louder.

"Oh my gosh! What happened baby?!" I asked in shock while trying not to laugh but I failed.

"You happened! I'm going to kill you." I shook my head and walked out of the bathroom. I dumped the empty bag in the garbage and headed downstairs.

"What happened? Why was Mommy screaming?" Skai asked me.

"Remember when mommy pranked me?"

"Mmhmm."

"I pranked her back. I dumped flour all over her head while she was in the shower." Azuree gasped,

"Why did you do that?" Skai started laughing and gave me a high five. That's my baby.

"Me and Mommy are going to get you back." Just as I was about to respond, Toni came down the stairs. I turned around and her hair was wrapped up in a towel.

"Did you get it all out?" I asked trying not to laugh.

"Don't talk to me right now. I'm mad at you." She joked and I shook my head.

"Don't worry Mommy, I'll get her back for you."

This is just what we need, a prank war.

***

•The girls getting their ears pierced?

•Toni's prank?

•Janet's prank?

Excuse any errors ✨

Excuse any errors ✨