Chapter One: Darkkit's POV

Darkkit and her littermate, Graykit, had opened their eyes before their denmates, Shadekit and Icykit. But shortly after, Shadekit and Icykit opened their eyes as well. "Darkkit!" Graykit exclaimed. "Come outside and play with us!"

"Two seconds you crazy-brained frog!" Darkkit hissed playfully. She loved teasing Graykit, but of course Graykit didn't mind. As Darkkit padded outside, Shadekit pounced on her. "OOF!" Darkkit huffed. Shadekit lifted her nose and laughed, "I bet you had no idea I was there, did ya?"

"I knew! But--," Shadekit cut off Darkkit as she continued laughing. "Why are you laughing?" Darkkit asked finally. "You fell for it! Graykit wanted to get you back after all the times you pranked him, and it worked!" Shadekit continued laughing. 'I am sooo stupid!' Darkkit thought, grumpily. She had never thought Graykit would try to get back at her. As Darkkit and Shadekit walked up to Icykit and Graykit, Darkkit noticed they had mischievous smiles on their faces. 

"What?" Darkkit asked. "We saw you freak out when Shadekit pounced--" Darkkit interrupted Graykit. "I DIDN'T FREAK OUT!" She snarled. 'Oh StarClan,' Darkkit thought, realizing what she just did. 'I made a huge mistake.'

"What was that for?!" Icykit hissed. "I lost my temper, okay?" Darkkit hissed back. "There's really no reason to fight about this," Graykit leapt to Darkkit's defence. "Let's just play what we wanted to play and not fight."

"Fine," Icykit glared at Darkkit as he spoke. Shadekit asked " Sooo, what should we play?"

"Doesn't matter to me," Darkkit mewed as Graykit gasped, then he suggested, "Let's play Warrior Patrol!"

"What's Warrior Patrol?" Darkkit asked. "Three of us will be warriors, and one of us will be an obstacle, like a rogue or a fox," Graykit explained. "Cool!" all the kits exclaimed. They played for hours until the evening patrol returned, and Darkkit heard Toadstrike and Moonglow calling out to them, "Kits, time to sleep!"

"Awww!" Icykit whined. "We just started playing!"

"We were playing for hours, Icykit," Darkkit corrected him. "Who's side are you on?" He hissed. "I'm tired, Icykit," Shadekit took Darkkit's side. "Same," Graykit added. As they ran back to nursery, Darkkit noticed the deputy, Tallshadow, stalking into camp. Darkkit shuddered. She was deathly afraid of Tallshadow. Nothing more. Just Tallshadow. "What? You scared of Tallshadow?" sneered Icykit. "Shut up," Darkkit said negatively. No one knew about her fear of the terrifying deputy. 'I want it to stay that way,' she thought, worriedly. The kits bounded into the nursery, Darkkit feeling more tired than ever.

"How long were they playing for this time?" Moonglow asked. "All afternoon," Toadstrike replied. "That has to be a new record," Moonglow laughed. Darkkit was, of course, to tired to care. She was just ready to sleep. As Darkkit curled up next to Toadstrike, Graykit whispered in her ear, "I still can't believe you fell for our prank."

He began to laugh quietly. "I thought you dropped it," She glared at Graykit, who was already half asleep. "I just wanted to bring it up one more time before we go to sleep."

Darkkit could understand that, she would do it to. 'Good night, DarkClan,' She rolled over to stare at the sturdy leaf roof of the nursery. 'Tomorrow, I will have one of the greatest days ever.'