Chapter 14: Shadepaw's POV

After falling asleep, Shadepaw found herself in the forest. It was unfamiliar to her, but smelled like BorderClan cats. 'This must be BorderClan territory,' She decided. She heard talking close by. Two cats were standing in front of her.

'Can they... see me?' Shadepaw tried to flick at one of the cat's ears, her paw only going straight through. 'This must be a dream.'

The fluffy tom spoke, "Now, you know why your here." The other cat nodded. "I do, Bush. I do." Bush growled. Now Shadepaw knew who he was: BorderClan's leader. He stood up on his four paws. "You should not have been seeing those cats."

The she-cat hissed back at him. "They are BorderClan's only chance of staying alive. Tallshadow told me and the others that their Clan was plotting against us." Bush looked very interested by the information he just received.

"There are other clanmates seeing TraitorClan or whatever?" He narrowed his eyes and flicked his paws inwards. "Fir you are going to tell me who 'the others' are or you will be joining your mate." Fir widened her eyes, on the brink of tears.

"I can't give you that information, Bush. I don't fear you. I'm not a coward," The cat stood up, wiping her eyes with her paw. She unsheathed her claws and hissed, "So what if I die? I'll be with Stream. That's all that matters."

Bush jumped at the cat, slashing her flank narrowly. The cut wasn't that deep, but was bleeding. Fir jumped up onto Bush and bit down onto his belly fur and tugged. Bush yowled and crashed to the ground, turning and charging at Fir once more.

This time, he lead a blow to her forehead, then bit down on her neck and let go after five seconds. Fir bled violently, then said her last words: "You will lead our Clan to death if you..." and then she collapsed.

Shadepaw stood there in shock as Fir's spirit raised from her body, starry and clean. She looked at the apprentice. "Did he kill you too?" She asked. "I'm dreaming, I'm not here..." Shadepaw replied. Then everything disappeared.

* * *

Shadepaw woke up, seeing Littleshine talking to Tallshadow again. "Shadepaw, good morning," Tallshadow dipped his head to the apprentice. Littleshine signaled Shadepaw over to sit next to her. Shadepaw sat down next to her mentor as Tallshadow left.

"Winterpaw's ceremony is today," Shadepaw informed her mentor. Littleshine nodded, "I know. It's at sunhigh, right?" Shadepaw dipped her head, as in to say yes. "Well then, the ceremony is soon," The med cat gestured to outside.

"Did I really sleep for that long?" Shadepaw asked. Littleshine just looked at her apprentice like she should know the answer to that question.

"I'm going to wait outside for the ceremony," Shadepaw decided. She stood up and bounded to the clearing and waited for the ceremony.

She paced around, looking at the fresh-kill pile. 'I should eat something,' She thought. Being a lean and cat, leaped over to the pile in one leap (at least one and a half of a fox-length).

She crouched, picking a squirrel from the pile. She ate half, avoiding the tail's fluffy outside.

A voice made her jump, "Good morning, Shadepaw!" Shadepaw looked behind her and saw Darkpaw, a smile on her face.

Shadepaw smiled back, "Morning." The gray apprentice crouched beside her, and she gave the other half of the squirrel to Darkpaw.

"I'm probably not going to finish this," she stated. Darkpaw laughed, "You almost slept through Winterpaw's ceremony!"