►2

• • •

• • •

"You didn't tell me you had a son! A son?!

I shrieked in horror and betrayal as I looked at her. I had ran into her room instantly after changing because I was still in shock that she had left out that piece of information after living with me for almost eight years.

She sighed and looked down.

"It's complicated." She said and I scoffed.

"Yeah, right."

"I-" She was about to say something but I cut her off. "Save it." I hissed at her and she pursed her lips, looking like a kicked puppy.

"Just - let's just drop that kid home. Then we can talk about - about everything." I said and walked out of the room. Taking the keys out of my purse, I called out to the kid, "Hey, kid. Get up, we're leaving."

He hopped off the chair and smiled at me.

"Thank you." He whispered as we walked out of the apartment.

Some lame sad music was playing in the background as I followed Emma's little yellow bug because I felt betrayed and now I wanted to wallow in my sadness

Some lame sad music was playing in the background as I followed Emma's little yellow bug because I felt betrayed and now I wanted to wallow in my sadness. I had told her that there was no way in hell I was getting in that little shit when I had this huge package. I sighed and brushed some dirt off of my steering wheel.

As I was driving, I got a call from Emma. I frowned but picked it up.

"What? Kid's giving you trouble?"

"God, the kid is trouble." She sounded fed up. I chuckled softly.

"No-I'm telling you. You're in this book. I don't know about Miss Holt but you are in this book!" I heard the kid's voice and frowned. Glancing at the yellow car in front of me, I asked Emma.

"The hell he's talking about?"

"Remember the big book he had when he turned up at our apartment? That was a fairy tale book. Kid's saying that every single story in there is real and I am in that book. Doesn't make any sense but he's insisting." Emma replied.