►3

• • •

• • •

"This is so stupid! We were just leaving and that damage? I'll pay for it and for her bail. Just-Just let her go." I said as I hurried after him into the station.

"Miss Holt, she needs to know the damage she has done. For that, one night in jail is nothing. The night's almost over anyway and she's fine. No injuries. Nothing. So, just relax." Graham said as he put Emma in the cell, locking the door. He then poured a glass of water, handing it to me.

"Relax." He said again, with a soft voice this time and I exhaled, accepting the glass and glancing at Emma.

"I-I don't understand. You clearly saw that everything happened because of that wolf so why are you...?" I trailed off and took a sip of water from the glass.

"Well, uh-" He was cut off by the police radio on his shoulder and he quickly turned around, muttering something and then looked back at me.

"Sorry, Miss Holt. Duty calls." He smiled tightly at me and walked away as I stared at his back until he was out of sight. I sighed and sat down.

"Is he the only one working here? Weird." I mumbled under my breath and looked around the station. I jumped when I heard a grumble.

"Yeah. Weird, ain't it?"

I frowned and stood up, walking closer to the direction I heard the voice coming from. I saw a small guy with a grumpy look on his face. When he heard me, he snapped his head up, looking up at me with a scowl.

"What? I don't bite, sister." He said and kicked the cell with his feet.

"Oh, um, I'm uh, Rebecca. And you are?" I cleared my throat and asked awkwardly.

"Leroy." He grumbled and glared at me. "Find it real fun befriendin' criminals, eh?" He said as he stared at me for a second before glancing at Emma.

"What! No! She's not a criminal. She was just-just distracted by-"

"Alcohol? Drunk drivin'? Gals nowadays do tha' a lot." He nodded, cutting me off. I sighed and rolled my eyes, leaning towards the bar of the cell.

"Look here, grumpy. She was not drunk. She was just distracted by a stupid wolf, alright? Stop accusing her without knowing anything." I glared at him and he just blinked at me.

"Grumpy?" His small voice echoed through the station as he said in surprise.

"Yeah. When you get out of here, do see yourself in a mirror. You look grumpy, grumpy." I said and walked backwards, sitting on the sofa as he just kept staring blankly at the wall ahead, the word 'grumpy' repeating over and over again in his mind.

" I said and walked backwards, sitting on the sofa as he just kept staring blankly at the wall ahead, the word 'grumpy' repeating over and over again in his mind