►10

1 x 05 — " That Still Small Voice "

Note : The flashbacks are all random since I didn't know where to put them :)

• • •

The magic-filled forest lit up around a girl as she walked down the path. The air was filled with the melodic humming of different birds, she smiled at the noise and slightly bent down to pick up a fallen red rose, examining it with sparkly eyes. Suddenly a blooming yellow rose fell from above her head and rested near her feet. She quickly looked up and upon seeing nothing, she shrugged and picked up the rose, staring it down with a frown.

"Beautiful, right? I just plucked it!" A perky voice exclaimed and the girl looked around, startled. The same voice giggled and said, "Look up, silly!"

The girl looked up and widened her eyes in amazement as a tiny girl with green wings fluttered around her

The girl looked up and widened her eyes in amazement as a tiny girl with green wings fluttered around her. "Are you a... fairy?" She whispered in awe.

"Yes, I am! Haven't you seen a fairy before? We roam around a lot but we do have a curfew so yeah not many humans see us flying around. A stupid fairy rule. I don't understand why we have so many pointless rules. I never see any witches running back to their house because of a curfew. But all the fairies are content with the rules so me saying otherwise won't do anything. I try to go by the rules but I'm so curious so I get in trouble most of the time and you won't believe what the blue fairy tells—." The tiny green fairy started rambling with an eyeroll.

"You talk a lot. Are the others like you too?" The girl asked abruptly, stopping the fairy midway. She frowned and looked down sadly. "No. It's just me. They tell me it's because I'm young and energetic. I kinda feel left out because of this. Because I'm the only one doing all the talking. Is that... is that bad?" She asked softly.

"Err... no. It's not... I think. I don't know. I don't know anyone who talks a lot. My parents are pretty tight-lipped. They talk only when necessary but sometimes they get energetic too and that's sweet." The girl said and smiled at the fairy which the fairy returned happily.