2- The Fragile Flame of Hope

As Vidya sat on the sofa, her tears flowed uncontrollably. Avinaash, as usual, arrived late to the house and immediately noticed his bhabhi's distressed state. Without wasting a moment, he hurried towards her, gently holding her face in his hands.

"Kya hua bhabhi, aap ro kyun rahi hain?" Avinaash questioned, concern etched on his face. Vidya buried her face in her palms, her tears flowing even more.

"Bhabhi please aap roiye mat, kya hua?" Avinaash pleaded, his gaze fixed on Vidya, his eyes welling up with tears in empathy. Vidya looked at him, her eyes filled with tears, and proceeded to share everything that had transpired in the room.

Avinaash let out a weary sigh, feeling helpless. He couldn't go against his own brother, but deep inside, he yearned for his younger brother, whom he loved more than anything in the world. Every day without him was like living in hell, and every little thing reminded him of his absence.

Vidya wiped away her tears and spoke resolutely, "Avi uss raat jo bhi hua, woh theek nahi tha par ek bache ko uske liye doshi manna kya sahi hai?"

Avniaash sighed -"bhabhii.."

The tension rose in the room as Vidya stood up, her agitation evident in her voice. "nahi avi, tum log bohut badi galti kar rahe ho, ek masoom bache ko uss gunah ki saza de rahe ho jo usne kabhi kiya hi nahi, 4 saal hogaye hain usse humse door gaye hue, pata nahi mera bacha kahan hoga kis haal main hoga, ek baar bhi tum logon ne usko dhundhne ki koshish nahi ki, apne dil pe haath rakh ke socho avi kya tumhara anshu aisa kuch kar sakta hai?"

Before Avinaash could respond, a lady entered with a wide smile on her face. Avinaash's eyes lit up, and he hurriedly embraced her, his heart filled with warmth.

The lady returned his hug, gently patting his head. "Kaisa hai mera bacha?" she asked, beaming with love.

Avinaash smiled back. "I'm fine, Maa. How are you?" The lady's smile widened at his response.

Vidya, filled with disdain, observed the lady's entrance. The lady, with an evil glint in her eyes, took slow steps toward Vidya, speaking in a deliberate, sinister tone. "Maa itne din baad ghar aayi hai per nahi chuogi beta." Vidya struggled to contain her anger, reluctantly bending down to touch the lady's feet.

The lady placed a hand on Vidya's head. "Khush raho" she said softly. As Vidya stood up, the lady pulled her into a hug, whispering in her ear, "tumhari yeh chalaki kahin tumhein bhari na pad jaye vidya " Vidya paled, her expression filled with worry.

Breaking the embrace, the lady smiled at Vidya."main apne kamre main araam karne ja rahi hun, mera khana wohin le aana beta, hmm? Vidya looked down and nodded, her compliance evident.

The atmosphere grew heavy with tension as the lady left the hall, leaving Vidya in a state of unease.

After a while, Vidya knocked on the door of her mother-in-law's room, holding a plate of food in her hand. The lady looked at her and smiled warmly.

"Wahan kyun khadi ho vidya? Andar aao na" she beckoned. Vidya, brimming with anger, took deliberate steps towards her.

Kaamna let out a slow, mocking laugh. "Itna gussa" she said, attempting to caress Vidya's face, but Vidya jerked her hand away.

Vidya gritted her teeth, her voice filled with disdain. "Apna jhoota pyaar apne pass hu rakhiye"

Kaamna folded her hands, a wicked glint in her eyes. "Theek hai, main apna jhoota pyaar apne pass rakh leti hun aur tum apni jhooti achai apne pass rakh lo. Deal?" She extended her hand in a mocking gesture.