Chapter 09: Dance Of Deception

Vidya's heart pounded against her ribcage as her eyes widened in horror, her child's motionless form sprawled before her on the cold floor, a pool of crimson spreading beneath him. The world around her seemed to distort, a surreal nightmare weaving its way into her reality. Time slowed, each heartbeat echoing in her ears as her breath caught in her throat.

With a surge of desperation, Vidya's feet carried her down the stairs, her mind a whirlwind of panic and disbelief. The steps blurred together, but she managed to find her footing, her determination pushing her forward. Kneeling beside ansh, her trembling hands reached out, fingers brushing against his pale forehead, her touch gentle yet urgent. She pressed her quivering palm against the wound, her heart aching with the need to staunch the flow of blood.

Sticky warmth seeped onto her clothes, the visceral reality of the situation hitting her with a gut-wrenching force. She drew ansh closer, his fragile form cradled against her chest, her grip a mixture of fierce protection and raw fear.

Amidst the turmoil, a distant sound reached her ears—the haunting, almost cruel laughter of Kaamna. Vidya's head snapped up, her eyes wide with shock.

Kaamna bent down to her level and asked in a cruel voice -"Are dekho toh kahin mar toh nahi gaya?" Kaamna's malevolent voice sliced through the air like a dagger, chilling Vidya to the bone. The cruelty in those words gnawed at her heart, igniting a rage and fear that intertwined in a bitter dance.

Vidya's chest rose and fell in erratic rhythm, her fingers trembling as she gently patted Ansh's cheek, her voice quivering with a mix of desperation and love

Vidya's chest rose and fell in erratic rhythm, her fingers trembling as she gently patted Ansh's cheek, her voice quivering with a mix of desperation and love. "Anshu, an...shu bacha, dekh meri taraf, aankhein khol... main..." Her voice faltered, emotion clogging her words, the weight of the moment threatening to crush her.

It was as if a vice had closed around her throat, suffocating her, as she struggled to convey her plea. She could feel the raw ache, the sheer vulnerability of this moment, as if someone was tearing the very essence of life from her being.

Vidya's tear-filled eyes lifted, a glimmer of determination shining through the haze of despair. Carefully, she lowered Ansh's head onto the floor. She darted towards her phone, her trembling fingers racing against time. Akaansh needed to know, and Ansh needed medical attention. Her fingers hovered over the device, poised to dial, when her world shattered once again.

Kaamna's hand swooped in like a vengeful storm, snatching the phone from Vidya's grasp and sending it crashing to the ground, a chorus of splintering glass and plastic. Vidya's horror-stricken expression mirrored the destruction before her.

The cruel sound of Kaamna's laughter echoed like a haunting melody, a twisted symphony that intensified Vidya's anguish. A sense of powerlessness threatened to overwhelm her, yet within that vulnerability, a spark of defiance ignited.

A surge of raw fury surged through Vidya's veins, an uncontainable blaze that erupted within her. With a primal force, she lunged forward, her hands propelling Kaamna off-balance and crashing onto the floor. The impact jarred Kaamna's body, the shock registering in her wide eyes as she found herself sprawled on the ground. In that intense moment, Vidya's desperation had transformed into an unrelenting force, a fierce mother's protectiveness that knew no bounds.