6- Chasing The Light of Hope

Vidya's suspicious gaze locked with Kaamna's, the tension between them palpable. Vidya's eyes narrowed, assessing the situation with a mix of concern and doubt. Kaamna, on the other hand, averted her gaze, attempting to conceal the sinister satisfaction that flickered across her face. It was evident to Vidya that Ansh's trembling and fear in Kaamna's presence were not mere coincidence. Something was gravely amiss.

In an attempt to reassure Ansh, Vidya tenderly caressed his head, her touch a soothing balm amidst the turmoil. "Anshu bacha, bhabhi is not going anywhere, kabhi nahi," she whispered, her voice filled with warmth and determination. "You need to eat. Main khana leke aati hun." Ansh's heart clenched with fear at the thought of losing the only person he trusted. He held Vidya's hand tightly.

Vidya pressed a gentle kiss to his head, her love pouring into the gesture. "Kahin nahi ja rahi hun main, bacha. Main bas khana..." she trailed off, her voice catching with emotion. Ansh fought back tears, his voice quivering as he pleaded, "Please bhabhi, mat jao." Akaansh, torn between his longing to embrace his younger brother and the fear of causing further distress, looked on helplessly, his heart aching for the pain they all endured.

Avinaash, placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. Ansh's body flinched involuntarily, his fear causing him to recoil from any touch. His voice trembled with a mixture of fear and vulnerability as he uttered the words, "Stay away... Don't touch me." The trauma he had experienced had left indelible scars, eroding his trust and instilling a deep-rooted fear of physical contact.

Vidya's gaze shifted to Avinaash, who nodded his head. "Bhabhi, aap yahi ruko. Khana main le aata hun," he offered. Vidya exhaled a weary sigh and nodded her head. With a mix of concern and determination, she turned her attention back to Ansh, who remained tightly shut off from the world, his eyes closed in a cocoon of fear.

Her touch became more tender, her fingers gently caressing his head in an effort to provide the comfort he so desperately needed. She whispered soothing words into his ear, a melody of reassurance designed to pierce through the darkness that consumed him. Vidya's heart raced with worry as she tried to unravel the mystery behind Ansh's paralyzing fear. The way he flinched at Avinaash's touch had ignited a fear within her—an unsettling question that dared to be asked: Had he suffered abuse? The mere thought sent a chilling shiver down her spine.

Ansh's eyes fluttered open, cautiously scanning the room. The absence of that woman brought a sense of temporary respite, allowing him to exhale a sigh of relief. His gaze wandered around the unfamiliar surroundings, taking in the details of the room. His attention shifted to the bed, adorned with clean sheets and a soft mattress. A peculiar discomfort surged within him, unfamiliar with the concept of sleeping on anything but the cold, unforgiving floor.

For four long years, Ansh had endured nights spent on bare, dirty floors, devoid of comfort and warmth. It had become his norm, his harsh reality. He couldn't shake the memories of nights spent in fear and uncertainty, where sleep was elusive, and safety was a distant dream.

Akaansh looked at Ansh, who was staring at the room, he asked -"kya hua?" The softness in Akaansh's voice tugged at his heart, stirring memories of their cherished. A wave of longing washed over him, yearning to embrace akaansh.

Ansh's teary eyes bore into Akaansh's soul, filled with a mixture of pain, confusion, and a desperate plea for answers. They demanded an explanation, a reason behind the shattered trust that had left Ansh reeling. Akaansh could not bear to meet Ansh's gaze, for he knew the depth of the wounds he had inflicted upon his innocent child. The enormity of his actions rendered forgiveness an elusive concept, an impossibility in his eyes. In the face of his transgressions, he harbored a profound sense of self-condemnation, believing that perhaps death was the only fitting punishment for his unforgivable crime.