Chapter 1 - Ares Silver

In the kingdom of Merlin, the space tech team [Nakshatra] had been running around to make their presentation perfect for the young captain Ares. He was the fallen king and the most terrifying warrior Merlin had ever seen. However, he had now become the laughingstock of all the aristocrats. The story of that incident goes back to a month after he had been crowned, following his parents' brutal murder. Around 100 people wrapped in hoods, masks, and gloves appeared out of nowhere, proudly showing the broken diamond symbol on their backs. This was the very same group that killed his parents. They ambushed the royal army, His blood boiled as he saw soldiers die before his eyes, and decided to kill every last one of them But took some blows leaving him barely breathing because all the enemies' knives were coated with poison and putting him into a coma for three months with no chance of recovery. When he woke up, he realized how much he had lost: nothing less than everything.

After spending his days dwelling on what to do with his life now that he was no longer king, he decided that the kingdom would benefit more from having a heart on the throne than a muscle and left the throne to his brother, Ryan. He also swore to himself to protect his brother from the fate that befell his parents and protect the kingdom from the shadows. However, the word that the previous king had thought he was unworthy of the throne quickly spread throughout the entire kingdom. Many officials spread false rumors about him, claiming that he was the worst king ever. But he couldn't bring himself to care because he was already the king with the shortest reign and the only king to step down alive. He could always add a few more things to the list.

After fully recovering, he entered the ministers' meeting room and declared that, like a spoiled prince, he would join Nakshatra. Everyone was shocked and concluded that he had gone insane because how else could he have joined a department that was on the verge of closure? As he was about to walk out, a voice followed him too and everyone already knew that it was none other than the king's guard and the previous king's only friend who had survived. They were gone with a thud of the heavy door. The king smiled at them fondly.
Only the brothers knew how much their parents loved Nakshatra. It was Ares's way of escaping the reality of how he missed everything he lost, how his body still had the effects of poison, and how no one in the kingdom believed him to be capable of anything.

Three years later, Nakshatra was no longer a lost cause, all thanks to a small idea to raid planets to gather and auction rocks at royal events as the rich seemed to have creative ways to throw their money away. This idea not only brought funds for the organization but also made him a captain. However, everyone still in Nakshatra was disappointed as their research never yielded anything other than dry rocks or frozen bacteria which would take hundreds of centuries to evolve into anything visible.

Only time knew that everything was about to change that day with the very presentation the staff was preparing.