Chapter 9: Arrived

She felt a jolt of disbelief and pinched herself hard, but it was not a dream. She scanned the conference room and saw the same expression of shock mirrored on everyone's faces. They had devoted years of their lives to finding a planet that could sustain human life, only to be reached by aliens first. And the aliens had done extensive research on Earth too since they had sent a video to the space center with precise information, date, and location in English.

The day they had been anxiously waiting for finally arrived, and both Ares's team and the Earth's army were prepared for any possible scenario.

Ares and his team plunged into the Earth's atmosphere and felt the violent shaking. Their planet had a much lower gravity, and they had not anticipated it to be this high. They had made their calculations based on Merlin, a planet that had comparable evolutionary and environmental factors. Ares warned his team to get ready for a rough landing and secured his seat belt. The crash was unavoidable, and it happened a few miles away from the designated landing site. Their craft obliterated some military tanks, but it was intact. It was constructed of tough crystal-like materials that could resist any impact. By a twist of fate, this was where the president was waiting impatiently for his army to deliver him the captured aliens.

With the sudden impact the army got alert and started firing on the aliens who were already collapsed under space-ship and at the sound of the impact president and his team went out their temporarily constructed base.

Ares and other aliens where receiving substantial damage from the bullets. Looking at the scene the president, he started analyzing the situation an saw the space craft that did not even put a dent to  it. It was made of pure diamond !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The greedy president wanted it all to himself and all the diamond they posseted and ordered military to kill them all. Ares who saw him commanding marched forward though he took some bullets to him, he successfully captured the prez and held a knife to his skull.