Chapter 6 - Giant jewel

Inside Nakshatra:

Ares stepped out of his room, ruffling his blond hair into place, and immediately felt that something was wrong. People were running around with huge smiles, greeting him with the expression of an excited puppy waiting for praise. He loved watching them this happy these people were the only ones who trust him and truly love him for himself, but he didn't know what they were celebrating. He just assumed they had found another planet full of shining rocks for the upcoming ceremony held for the king's birthday. Well, that solved the puzzle of a gift for his brother.

He greeted everyone back and turned around, only to collide with a person. God, he just hoped he hadn't sent them to the ground or hurt them badly. But there was his best friend on the floor, with a weird smile so big that it almost creeped him out. Something was definitely up with these people. He helped Calcifer up and said sternly, "This better be good, Cal. Otherwise, it's not worth talking this early in the morning."

Calcifer was a tall and lanky man with messy brown hair and glasses that always slid down his nose. He was a brilliant scientist and a loyal friend, but he also had a knack for getting into trouble. He was wearing a white lab coat stained with various colors and a badge that read "Nakshatra - Space Tech Team". Calcifer managed to make his smile even bigger, if that was even possible, and replied, "It's worth around 50 researchers' all-night work. Of course, it's worth it."

Both of them walked to the research center, a large dome-shaped building with a glass roof that let the sunlight in. The lead, a middle-aged woman with short gray hair and a stern expression, ushered them to their seats without even greeting them, which showed how exciting and important this was. Without another word, the table started projecting a hologram that looked like random dots, and the captain opened his mouth in pure shock.

There it was: all their years of research turning into reality. If it was what he thought it was, this would be the best discovery Merlin had ever seen. He saw a recording zooming into a galaxy and a planet in particular that had a peculiar color: a beautiful shade of blue and green mixed with silver rocks in different shapes hovering about it. The other half planet looked like a giant jewel in the dark space, sparkling and shimmering in the dark. Anyone could see they were not natural stones; someone had made them. But who? And why?