Chapter 8 - All set

Ares explained that the foreign creatures called themselves humans and had similar yet weaker forms than Merlins. They were more fragile and susceptible to injuries and diseases. Their hearing and vision were limited to a narrow range of frequencies. However, they were not an immediate threat to Merlins as they lacked the technology and knowledge to explore space beyond their planet.

What fascinated Ares the most was the humans' incredible achievements in the field of medicine. They had developed ways to heal wounds, cure illnesses, and even replace damaged organs. They also had access to a substance called metal, which could be melted and molded into any shape desired. This substance was much stronger and more versatile than the elastic material that Merlins used for their tools and structures Ares almost sounded jealous explaining this.

The meeting with Ryan went on for a whole day.

By the end of the day, Ares managed to convince Ryan that he would go to the new planet and get some information about the so-called metal ores, and all the medicinal knowledge he could get would be an additional bonus.

Ryan said that he would run it through the ministers.

Both brothers knew no one would oppose them openly when they decided to do something.

Ares ignored the king's statement and ordered him to start preparation as those alone would take months.

His mind was running wild in anticipation of the coming months. His excitement made him look like he forgot all the sadness that always lurked in his eyes making everyone in the room smile with fondness.

This time, Earth was the one to experience the shock of a cosmic encounter. A few individuals who claimed to have exclusive knowledge of their world announced their peaceful visit to Earth. Earthlings were both amazed and curious by the news that there could be a new planet where humans can travel and settle but of course, this information was exclusive and only a few classified people knew it. In the video message that Metropolis space center received, he saw a few people with striking differences in their eyes, ears, and bodies. They had three eyelids, odd-shaped ears, and taller and stronger frames than average humans. Their voice sounded strained and high-pitched as if they were struggling to speak. Metropolis, the president of his country, thought that with his technological edge, he could conquer or manipulate them to help him take over the world.

He was too foolish and greedy to realize that the alien beings might have more advanced capabilities and could overpower the humans.