-25. okay, serious question

so excited to end this book. I HAVE NO MOTIVATION

{☀️🍵}

MILO RANG THE DOORBELL, and the loud noises of music and stuff clashing around could be heard from outside.

he waited a few minutes and was about to ring it again, before meg opened the door.

"geez is there a concert going on or something?" milo asked.

"no, just amara doing her new years cleaning." meg said.

"oh gosh. i didn't know she did that." milo said walking inside the house.

"unfortunately. she claims it's not good to start off the year dirty." meg spoke.

milo shrugged, and then amara can down the steps with a mop and a bucket as she danced along to the music blasting.

"oh hey milo, didn't know you were coming over." she said putting the bucket and mop down.

amare walked over to him, and milo leaned in for a kiss and amara dogged it for a hug.

meg's eyes widened as she saw, and milo gave her a confused look which she shrugged to.

"hey mars, can i talk to you." milo said. "sorry, not right now. when i finish cleaning." amara said.

"no, mara." milo said. "i said not right now." amara said, walking away from him and going back to her mop.

she went to the other side of the house, and milo plopped down on the living room couch.

"why's she ignoring you?" meg said sitting on the arm of the couch.

"i have no idea, i mean something happened yesterday-"

meg gasped, "what happened?" she said excitedly. "she didn't..tell you?"

"no, which is a shocker she tells me everything." meg said.

"she didn't even tell her best friend, did i do it bad? meg am i a bad kisser, we've kissed for zombies." milo said.

"you guys kissed?!" meg yelled out. "shh." milo said covering her mouth.

meg hit his hand, and he removed it. "we made out after too..and she didn't even text me last night. so i decided to see what's up."

"uh..let me think. i can't think of anything from the past that would have her like this." meg said.

"maybe talk to her?"

"did you not just see what just happened?" milo said. "i said not right now." he mocked.

"hey, that was a really good impression." meg said. "meg!"

"i'm sorry. but, back to the topic. you're gonna have to figure this one out yourself milo." meg said, getting up and walking upstairs.

once meg left, milo sat on that couch for what felt like hours.

he was so immersed in his thoughts, that he didn't even realize when amara's songs changed, or when she walked by him to clean something.

he just couldn't understand what was going on with her..

milo stood up, seeing amara who was walking up the stairs and going to her bedroom, he quickly followed also going up the stairs.

amara stared at her phone as she closed her door, not seeing milo who stopped her.

"ahh! what the heck!" she yelled as she opened the door.

"if you wanted to come in you couldn't asked, not use yourself as a doorstopper." amara said.

milo shook his head walking inside amara's bedroom and then closing the door.

"what's your problem, why aren't you talking to me?" amara said to milo.

"it doesn't feel nice doesn't it." he said. amare scoffed, "what are you going on about."

"i don't know, maybe about the fact that you've been ignoring me since payton's new year's party. and if you don't remember, we kissed." milo said.

"i know we did, i've just been busy since then." amara said.

"so busy you couldn't even answer my how are you feeling text i sent you when you left the party? or, the one i sent this morning?" milo said crossing his arms.

"yes, i felt terrible from everything i drank and ate yesterday. so i went right to sleep, and i've been cleaning since this morning." amara spoke.

"one, you drank apple juice the entire party. two, you were cleaning since 7 am?"

amara stayed quiet, knowing she had nothing to say.

"if you're gonna give me excuses on why you basically ghosted me after we kissed and made out, can they make sense?"

amara sighed, "fine milo you got me. i am ignoring you." she said leaning against the wall.

"but why?"

"cause...because i- i..these feelings i have for you, i have every feeling for you. and it's too much for me, i've never felt like this before, and honestly it's starting to twist my brain. like how is this possible."

"and after i let my intrusive thoughts win yesterday when i kissed you, i knew i've crossed the line when it comes to me and my crushes. i've never made a move first, so it's just a lot." amara said.

"well why didn't you just tell me that?" milo asked. "why would i have exposed myself like that?"

"it would've made things much easier." milo shrugged.

amara shrugged, not knowing what to do or say. she started to walk over to her bed, sitting down and going on her phone again.

"hey uh mars." milo said, walking to the bed and sitting next to amara.

"what's up?" amara muttered, not looking up from her phone.

"okay, serious question.."

"would you like me to be your boyfriend?" milo asked, and amara's head shot up from her phone.

"what?"

"do you want me to be your boyfriend..like dating. and that would make you my girlfriend."

"okay..serious answer.."

"of course." amara said, smiling at milo.

milo chuckled, holding amara's chin and bringing her in for a kiss.

she moved closer to him, putting her hands on his face.

meg walked in, "hey uh mara i'm getting panda ex-oh my gosh! im sorry, i'll leave!" meg said, watching their kiss slowly get more intense, then she left.

nayah speaks !!

eated !