Chapter 6: Living A Teenage Dream (Alex)

Song: "Loverboy" by A-Wall

>> hey alex love, it's bella.

    I stared down at the notification that had lit up my screen just a couple of seconds earlier. Suddenly the show that was playing on the tv blurred into the background; it didn't matter. I could hear my heart in my ears.

    "Alex, you ok?" Oliver was sitting next to me on the couch, clearly having noticed my sudden disinterest in the show. They paused the tv and turned to me. I looked up and our eyes locked.

It must have been pretty obvious what had happened from my face because after a second Oliver smiled, "they texted you didn't they?" I nodded, not trusting my voice to work properly. "Well, let's see it then," they said, sounding as British as ever. I turned the phone so they could see the notification which stood out against my pale blue wallpaper.

"Stop, that's so cute Alex. What are you gonna respond."

"I – don't know," I said, finally finding my voice.

"Say something flirty, girl." I blush.

"I'm not good at being flirty Oliver, you know that."

"Ugh, didn't you say they said something about giving you the wrong ideas yesterday? Start with that."

"Um ok," I look down at the notification and finally click it to open the actual message. I start typing.

>> hi bella. back to give my brain the wrong ideas again?

Oliver watches over my shoulder as I finish the message.

"That's so good Alex. See, you can flirt"

"Hardly," I grumbled.

"Send it." I took a deep breath and then I did. Once it said delivered I clicked out of the chat, making sure to save the contact before throwing my phone down onto the couch. Oliver unpaused the show but I couldn't focus, my hand inching to reach for my phone. If I did and they responded, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from opening it; I didn't want to seem too clingy right away.

About an hour later Oliver turned off the tv and we finally went our separate ways to get ready to sleep. I took my phone to my room but didn't dare look until I was sitting on my bed. There were a dozen notifications when I finally looked at the screen: Instagram comments, TikTok notifications, and a couple snaps, but there was only one thing that caught my eye. New Message from: Bella 💜

>> ofc sweetheart, I want to give you all the wrong ideas :)

————————————————————-
author's note: hey everyone i am having so much fun writing this story and sharing my love for bella. i'm so glad people are reading it :))  remember to upvote and comment. love ya