Chapter 12: I Find A Glimpse Of Us (Alex)

Song: "And i'd go a thousand miles" by Montell Fish

  @itsalexd

Liked by oliverthegreat, bellspriv, and 140 others

itsalexd hi

-- comments --

        oliverthegreat 🤭

               - itsalexd @oliverthegreat 🤭♥️

        emmagiulia UM ALEX WHO IS THAT. CALL ME RN

              - itsalexd @emmagiulia 🤫

                   - emmagiulia @itsalexd ANSWER YOUR PHONE MF

Ever since I've been able to officially call Bella my partner, we have been inseparable. It's been a week and I've already slept over twice (talk about u-hauling it) and we spend most of our days together. With all the excitement of becoming a couple and soft-launching our relationship on social media while also binging Heartstopper and kissing (a lot), I had completely forgotten that Bella was still in the midst of The Last of Us press tour.

So when Bella turned to me on Saturday night (exactly one week and one day from when we became a couple) while we were laying in bed to tell me that they'd be leaving Monday morning for Japan, to say that I was sad would be an understatement.

"What am I going to do without you," I whined.

"You're a big girl, Alex, you're gonna have to survive without me, love."

"I know, I'm being pathetic"

"You're not pathetic, if it makes you feel better I'll miss you too... a lot," they smiled and some of my despair melted, but it soon reappeared when I realized I wouldn't see their dimples for 2 weeks. I flipped myself over on the bed and lay facedown on the pillow until I felt an arm slide across my back. I turned to my side and scoot back until I was touching Bella and I relaxed into them.

"Why do you have to be such a successful actor?" I grumbled.

"I know babe. But isn't that why you like me?" I laughed and turned around so we were facing eachother on the bed then leaned in to give them a peck on the mouth.

"Maybe one of the reasons"

"What are the other ones?" I thought about that for a second then a small smile made its way onto my lips.

"Your hands"

"My hands? Why?" I rolled back over and got up off the bed leaving Bella in the room as I found my phone charging in the kitchen, I then sat down on the couch in the living room and waited. Exactly 10 seconds later, two hands wrapped around my upper back and I felt the weight of Bella's head on the top of my head.

"I think I know why you like my hands so much."

"Hm," I leaned back into their figure as it loomed over me, waiting for them to continue. But they didn't finish that statement, instead, they sat down next to me and kissed me, their hands making their way into my hair. I smiled against their lips, yeah that's why. 

--

The next day went by in a blur and in no time it was Monday morning and I was accompanying Bella to the airport. They were wearing their signature sweatsuit and hat that they looked extremely hot in, and I couldn't help myself, so I grasped their hand firmly. In the back of my head, I knew the risk we were taking by walking out in public like that, but I couldn't make myself care when Bella's fingers were intertwined with mine.

"This is my terminal," they said quietly as we stopped walking. I tightened my hold on their hand for a second then let go taking a step back because I knew if I didn't I would never let go. It should have been embarrassing how fast I'd become attached to Bella, but it felt so right and so to me it didn't matter.

"I'll see you in two weeks then Bella," I smiled weakly.

"Yeah –" they looked like they wanted to say more but we both knew we couldn't do anything in public, not even kiss goodbye. Instead, I pulled them into a quick hug.

As I watched them walk away accompanied by their travel security, I couldn't help but wonder what type of cosmic joke was in play that we wound up together.

A movie star and a girl from Minnesota somehow mixed up in a british gay romcom.  

--------------

author's note: if you're this far along in the story, might as well listen to the spotify playlist that I worked rly hard onnnnn :))))

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/79y7Zau8XdEUU18Salm0CA?si=8c9aab5528e140bb