1. closing shift sucks ass (but its better with you)

Working security was an okay job. It payed enough for me as a tenneager who dropped out of college. It was liveable.

But the closing shift was terrible. I was the only guy who worked closing shift in like the whole ass mall, talk about having favourites. Every thursday night i had to check everything was fine.

Every door locked, every person gone. All alone... or so i thought. Then i saw her. She looked like something i would draw. Edgy yet playful, wearing some battered old headphones. She was definitly an employee. But not one I recognised. Looks like she works at the food court. Neat.

"Hey, um like can you hurry up and leave. I gotta go crash on my roommates couch miss." I jokingly called out.

"Huh!?" She sounded startled "im just finishing up, your couch can wait"

She has humour at least.

"Just be quick about it... im sorry i cant read that name tag" i muttered, tilting my head.

"Olivia, and you?" She repsonded.

"Uh um i... its jake" i stuttered, oddly nervous.

This was just a girl, why was i so nervous? That doesnt matter, i did two loops of the mall and came back to the court. And she was gone, gone for good.

I was too tired to think and yet she was running laps in my head. I decided just to go to mateos, ill sleep off these thoughts. I rested my head in the old leather couch and after an hour or two i felt myself drift off

*A FEW WEEKS LATER*

Me and olivia were closer now. We had banter and were good... colleuges. We only shared this one closing shift and we made the most of it.

"...yea, ive actually never watched a single matrix movie jake. I swearrr."
"What? Why not! Okay next week we are watching the first one" i responded.
"But how" she questioned.
"I have a dvd player in the main office"
"Ooh sweet. Ill bring snacks, sounds like a date" she exclaimed and mockingly kissed my cheek before getting up to leave.

I sat on the couch and began to draw. Draw her, her perfect smile. Even with her crooked teeth that she rufused to have braces put on. And with her hair messy she looked so pretty... as a friend.

It took several hours but these sketches were beautiful. Just like the model he had based them on. And now i had a date with her? I was so nervous i kicked the arm rest excitedly

"Bro, shut the fuck up white boy!" Mateo jibed from the room over.

" i hope your girlfriend leaves you for a hotter more mexican manly man" i retorted.

"Im not even mexican you r*tard" he replied dryly.

I made myself some noodles and then went to bed. The cold noodles still in the bowl the day after.