chapter 7

"Hey you wanna go somewhere ?"

I don't know if I got lost in thought but it felt like I was in a different dimension . I blinked the fog out of my eyes quickly . I instinctively scan around only to be faced with an awful glare from hot guy . He was looking at me as if I stole his candy .

After our eyes locked , he averted his eyes . I almost asked him if I had something on my face but decided that he wasn't worth my time .

" Earth to Joey ..." the beautiful boy said .

I looked back Atticus , remembering that he had asked me a question . Instead of answering , I nodded my head . He stood up , scraping his seat against the floor as he did so . No one in the classroom said anything about the noise nor did they react to it . I shrugged my shoulder before standing up well .

" I'll wait outside ." He said before leaving the classroom .

No one in the class paid attention to him , it was like his presence didn't matter to anybody . The whole class continued with their business .

I grabbed my bag from the floor and made my way to the door . The same guy was still glaring at me , I could feel his stare piercing through my skull . He definitely hates me .  I wonder why ...

I caught up with Atticus and we walked side by side .

" Do you do this often ?" I asked .

" What ?"

" The sneaking out during lessons and skipping school ... " I said with a eye roll , making the taller boy laugh .

" Yep , I hate school . "

" Me too ."

" You're smiling"  Atticus said . " You should smile more ... you're prettier that way . "

" Are you calling me ugly ?!" I gasped mockingly .

" Yes I am ." he smirked .

" Says the person who looks like a fucking girl ." I muttered under my breath . The boy must've heard me because he laughed .

I smiled back him . His aura was amazingly calm and it was soothing my worries in a way . He reminded me more of the moon with his skin and imaginable beauty .

We continued walking down to the unknown . I didn't know how much time had passed since we left school but we were already far . I could see trees ahead , the atmosphere around was changing . I spotted mist in the far distance , rendering the place mysterious . If I wasn't so skeptical , I'd say the place was magically entrancing .

As we walked further down towards the forest , we came across two little boys playing . I listened closely as their giggles filled the whole place .

One of the boys was clearly not older than 6 years old and the other one must've been something close 10 years old .

They were obviously siblings with how much they resembled each other with their chocolate skin that shined against the sun . Both the boys came to a halt and looked up at us . The taller one was eyeing me up and down before pointing at something behind me . I turned to what he was pointing at to only be greeted by trees .

" There's nothing but trees ..." I said to him but the boy shook his head .

" Don't go there ,  once you go there , you'll get lost ...  bad things happen on that side . " he simply said.

" Don't be weird ." I said lamely but my heart was thumping against my ribcage now . I could feel sweat on my forehead .

The boy's tone was sinister when he said those words . It was like he hadn't been in control of his own body or maybe I was just overreacting .