09

____________________________

AUTHOR'S POINT OF VIEW:

It was Riki's last day here in Delaware. He was preparing his stuff, etc in his room. Then he went to the attic to check something and he spotted an old box. Riki got curious and opened it. The box was dusty and super taped and something was written there 'Family Photos'. He saw their family pictures and his baby photos. He giggled a little when he saw his baby pictures but quickly lost it.

Riki saw his mom smiling, carrying him in the pic photograph. He wiped off the dust on the frame then he smiled. "Mom, I'm moving to another state. Dad got an amazing opportunity that's why we are moving." He said looking at his mom in the picture frame.

"By the way, how are you there Mom? Is it good up there?? Here's kinda boring." Riki kept talking to the picture frame as if she was listening to him. "I wish you were here Mom. Things would have been more better. I would be more happier." Hot tears cascaded down his cheeks as he lowered down his head.

"Sometimes I wish that I could freeze our pictures" Riki wiped his tears away and realized he is just saddening himself. He shouldn't be doing that.

Riki should be making himself
Strong and tough. Not making himself cry and weak again just like before. Riki realized too he'd be moving to another state and forget about this house. It's kinda memorable for him too. Like walking to the park and going to the library to see Ms. Simon. Even though he didn't enjoy it here. But he enjoyed where the places he went were were happy.

He heard a door open and it was his dad. He went to sit on Riki's side and comfort him. "Son, there's something wrong?" He questioned him while he patted his son's back. "Nothing Dad, I'm fine," Riki responded in a monotone voice and walked away.

His dad didn't ask again 'cause he knows his son needs space. I mean well, they are moving to another place. Like who wouldn't feel like that?

____________

Timeskip:

Their house is already emptied inside. They both put all of their things and furniture on the moving truck. His dad locked the truck as Riki went inside the truck to the passenger seat.

Riki glanced at the house for the last time. He signed heavily and looked down. His dad went inside the truck and looked at him. "Are you ready?" He asked, curving a smile. Riki nodded as that was his response. His dad started to drive and Riki watched on the window.

He saw some kids playing in the yard, looking all happy. Riki felt a little joy inside. He guessed that one day he feel this happy too. He would not feel gloomy and lonely anymore and go back to his old self again. Happy and joyous.

Riki thought to himself he should change his lifestyle to his new place. To be social and friendly.

He put his headphones on and played 'The Less I Know the Better'  by Tame Impala on his phone as he looked at the roads, people walking down the streets, the trees in Delaware, and everything.
Riki is so sure that he would like it more in Florida.

___________________________________

Hi, syugg (guys). I'M VERY SORRY FOR NOT POSTING FOR A VERY LONG TIME😭😭😭. I got lazy and almost stopped doing it but it's a good thing I didn't delete it. Sorry, it's a short chapter. Anyway, thank you so much for reading this chapter!! (Stream 'Still Monster' by Enha!!)