──six;

[FIGHT]

Aanya took charge of the situation and gathered the papers containing information about the tournament and their interview schedule. She wanted to ensure that there was no confusion among the team, and she offered her assistance in resolving any issues that might arise.

As the team gathered for dinner, Tyson brought up Kai's earlier comment about not letting his teammates get in his way. Aanya listened as they began to discuss the matter, and she decided to voice her own opinion on the subject.

"We are a team. You are the captain, and we are your teammates. So we need to work as one too," Aanya emphasized. She could feel the tension in the room, especially from Kai, who seemed visibly frustrated.

Kai's hands clenched into fists, and he shot a glare in Aanya's direction, clearly not pleased with her words. He didn't respond, choosing to maintain his silence.

The rest of the team engaged in conversation with one another, but Kai remained distant, his cold expression unchanged. It was evident that there was still friction within the team, and Aanya couldn't help but feel concerned about their lack of unity.

The tension in the room escalated as Kai locked eyes with Aanya. It was clear that he wanted to assert his dominance and make her back down, but Aanya was having none of it. She stood her ground, her icy composure matching his fiery anger.

Max had started to ask a question but stopped when he felt Kai's glare. Aanya noticed this and wasn't about to let Kai intimidate her or control the conversation.

"I think you have something to say to me, Kai? Otherwise, you could've waited until Max finished what he wants to ask," Aanya stated firmly, folding her arms across her chest as she challenged Kai.

Kai's upper body tensed, and his fiery gaze bore into Aanya's icy one. The intensity of their confrontation could be felt in the room, and it was clear that neither of them was willing to back down.

Kai finally spoke, his words laced with anger and frustration, "I have nothing to say to you, but as the leader, I have a thing to say. Mind your own business instead of interfering in others or else."

The silence that followed was thick with tension, and it was evident that the clash between Aanya's determination and Kai's anger was far from over.

"Or else what, Kai?" My voice sliced through the tension, my words carrying a cutting edge. "As the manager of this team, it's my responsibility to identify issues and address them. There's a reason I've been appointed to this role," I retorted, deliberately stoking the flames of his anger.

Kai's response was a harsh, monotonous tone that matched the sharpness of his gaze. "I'm the leader, and it's my prerogative to ensure our teammates remain focused on beyblading. If they become distracted, it's my duty to correct them. If it continues, I won't hesitate to remove you from your position."

"As if you could do that," I retorted, a taunting note creeping into my voice. His demeanor remained composed, but the irritation on his face was unmistakable. He had clearly not anticipated my defiance.

A heavy silence fell over the table. Max sat there, his mouth agape, bearing witness to the unexpected confrontation. Tyson chewed his food slowly, caught between surprise and curiosity. Ray, his hands nervously rubbing together, was visibly unsettled, while Kenny, half-engrossed in his laptop, kept sneaking glances at the heated exchange.

"You think you can strip me of my managerial role, but you're mistaken—profoundly so," I continued, my tone unwavering. "Mr. Dickenson is the one who appointed me as this team's manager, including you. He has the authority to remove me if he deems it necessary, but that privilege isn't yours. He entrusted me with the responsibility of managing this team, which includes managing you."

"You believe you possess the power to govern their actions," I added, my voice taking on an icy edge. "You think you can control every aspect of their lives, just as you presume to control mine. Neither you nor I have such dominion. Your role is to lead, while mine is to manage."

A defeated sigh escaped my lips. "I hold no grudge against you, Kai Hiwatari. However, if you think I'll bend to your will, you're gravely mistaken. What I do is my duty, and it won't change just because you shoot me disdainful glares," I emphasized. Kai's stunned expression betrayed his realization that I had been fully aware of his fiery glances.

"This is precisely why I caution you against underestimating me," I concluded, my voice unwavering. "I comprehend my purpose and responsibilities on this team. It's my duty to oversee your public image, your tour schedules, your interviews—every aspect. You should be cooperating with me to assess the team's strengths and weaknesses so we can collectively improve. Yet, all you offer are those cold, unwavering stares. As I reiterated before, you're the leader, and I'm the manager." With those words, I stood up and departed the scene.

Walking away, I knew I needed to regain my composure before someone said or did something regrettable. Today, murder might just be on the table.