──twenty two;

"Oh, Lord," I sighed, exhaling the weight of frustration and exhaustion. Leaning back, I closed my eyes, seeking refuge from the relentless storm of emails and rumors that had plagued me for days. The weariness ran deep, and my head pounded as if threatening to burst.

Resisting the call of sleep, I reminded myself of the looming tasks at hand. There was no time to rest, with the never-ending workload demanding attention. Taking a deep breath, I reflected on the challenges, foremost among them being him—Kai.

The ongoing arguments with Kai had created a toxic atmosphere, a detrimental situation for a leader and manager.

I heard my room's door unlock, making me turn around, and there he was, Kai Hiwatari. I stood up, facing him as he locked the door again.

He wore his usual blank expression, his tall figure towering over me. I narrowed my eyes, folding my arms to my chest. "And what makes you think you can enter my room?!" I mocked, gritting my teeth.

He didn't answer and stood in front of me, his jaw clenched. "Who do you think you are to ask me?" he spoke, his voice stern.

"Your manager," I smirked, tilting my head to the side. He huffed, annoyed.

His jaw clenched as I rolled my eyes, "Say it and go. I have more work to do rather than having this eye contest with you."

He closed his eyes, frustrated. "Don't you think we have something to talk about?" he asked, his voice blank and stern.

"Oh, do we?" I mocked, pretending to think. "Hmmm... I don't know," I smiled, sarcastically.

He slammed his fist onto the table, his nerves popping. I furrowed, "Oi, that wall isn't for you to break." But then, I chuckled, "Just say you wanted to talk to me..." I taunted.

Does he think only he can mock me? Nah. He is losing it. Badly.

With a swift move, he grabbed my waist, slamming me against the walls, trapping me with both his hands.

My breath hitched as I widened my eyes, "The fuck?" I spoke, offended, "Now you want my attention or what?" I mocked.

He gritted his teeth and yelled, "Shut up."

I furrowed and challenged, "Make me."

With a swift move, his hand, which was on the wall a second ago, was placed on my waist as he pulled me into him. I felt a pair of lips on mine. He kissed me. Fucking kissed me. Damn. I widened my eyes and punched his chest, but that only made him pull me closer and closer. But then, I slowly ended up melting in his kiss, clutching onto his shirt. I gave in and kissed him back. The kiss was hard, rough, and intense.

After one minute, we pulled out. I licked my lips and gulped, looking up at him. He was panting hard, out of breath. He didn't break eye contact at all. No words were exchanged, but the silence spoke volumes. Both of us stood there, looking at each other.

"LET'S FUCKING GOOOOO!!!!" I yelled, throwing my fists in the air. I couldn't believe I just had my first kiss. With this jerk. He didn't say anything and hugged me, putting his forehead onto my shoulder and placing his one arm around my back and another on my waist. I could feel his breath.

My hands were on my sides; I slowly moved them up to his torso and back, hesitating to hug him. I let out a deep breath, hugging him back. I peeked onto his face slightly; his face was heating up. I cleared my throat as he spoke, "You're an idiot."

I frowned, offended, as I pushed him off me. "HEY!" I yelled, "You can't just kiss me like that and insult me!" I sulked, my lips forming into a pout.

He smirked, carelessly. Okay, now he was the one playing. I frowned more, offended.

"My idiot," he corrected, making me blink my eyes. He took a step closer to me, leaning down to my face. "Oh, see, Miss Manager is kinda flustered." He teased, smirking.

I opened my mouth to protest, but nothing came out. I gulped. I had a sudden urge to prove him wrong. Without any second thought, I grabbed his collars and pulled him into a kiss. He seemed shocked at first, but then casually wrapped his big hands around my tiny waist. His hand slowly reached up to my cheek, cupping it. We were so lost in the kiss.

Oh Lord. What's this?

Do I really?

Love him?

We pulled out, and I panted hard for breath. "Fuck." I blurted, turning around with a red face. "You are my first kiss. Damn you, jerk." I spoke, stuttering and nervous. I felt a pair of hands wrap around me; his chin on my shoulder, nuzzling into my neck.

"Well then, I'm glad," he spoke, his lips touching my neck. His whisper sent a shiver down my spine. He sighed, holding me tight, "I..." he started but then paused.

I let out a shaky breath, nervous. I gulped hard. He groaned a little and then spoke, "We are something for sure. I don't care if you agree or deny, but we are. And you know that." He warned and turned me around, looking into my eyes. My breath hitched.

"You would push me away if you didn't want me to kiss you, but you didn't. You kissed me back, and that shows what we are." He said, his voice softer and flirty.

My eyes widened as my cheeks went red, "A-ah...shut up." I said because I was flustered, but that didn't affect him at all.

"Yes or no?" He asked, raising his voice a little, "Tell me, are we something?"

I took a deep breath and nodded, "Fuck yeah, we are." I spoke, gaining my confidence back. "Now get out!" I yelled, pushing him to the door.

Kai nodded, smirking, "Why? Can't I have a moment with my girlfriend?" He asked, teasing me.

"HEY!" I yelled, playfully punching his back. He chuckled and gave me a kiss on my cheek. He pointed towards his own cheeks, and I smacked him, "Get out!"

He chuckled and winked at me, "You owe me one! We are a thing!" He yelled and ran out of my room. I closed the door and grinned like some crazy.

Damn, Kai.

Author: DAMN FINALLY! YAYYYYY