──twenty one;

"Darn it, Tyson! Can you please eat like a civilized human being?" I scolded Tyson, who was devouring his meal in the hotel dining area like a wild animal.

Ray shook his head disapprovingly, while Kai maintained his usual icy stare. Our eyes locked for a moment, and I couldn't help but wonder why he always seemed to be glaring at me.

Kai stood up, seemingly uninterested in our dining antics. "Hey, where the hell do you think you're going? We've got practice planned!" I taunted him.

"I don't care. None of you have any real skills with Beyblades," he smirked, his gaze piercing. "Especially you, Miss... Manager."

I narrowed my eyes and gritted my teeth. "Oh, really? Like you can beat me, jerk," I retorted, smirking.

Kai shot me a fuming glare. "You. I want only you at that practice place, no one else. And I'll see you there," he warned before leaving.

"Haha, not scared of you, okay?" I mocked confidently. "Done then. Go, and I'm coming," I added with a smirk.

"Uh, Aanya, do you want me to come with you?" Ray asked awkwardly. I shook my head, dismissing the idea.

As I made my way to the practice area, I couldn't shake the tension in the air. This was going to be an interesting showdown with Kai, and I was ready for it.

I found myself in the hotel's secluded backyard, the designated practice area where Kai had summoned me for a match. The lush greenery shielded us from prying eyes.

"Oi, jerk! Where are you──" I began to yell but was abruptly pulled away.

"Hey!" I frowned, realizing it was Kai. "Okay... it's you," I muttered, rolling my eyes at his typical mysterious entrance. "Can't you just come directly? Why always pulling me here and there? Huh?" I protested. "Would that hurt?"

"So much," he deadpanned, strolling toward the dish. "Go on, we have a match, don't we?" he smirked.

"Yeah, yeah," I retorted, taking my position on the opposite side. "Okay, then..."

Kai slowly extracted his Beyblade, and I scrutinized his every movement.

"You know," I began, "the only thing I like about you is your Bit-Beast, trust me." I sarcastically smiled, needling him as he shot me a glare.

"You really do like to play with fire, hm?" he cracked his neck, an ominous sign. "Ready or what?"

We both assumed our positions, tension thick in the air, and simultaneously launched our Beyblades into the dish. The clash of metal against metal echoed through the secluded practice area as our battle began.

After an intense match that had stretched nearly 30 minutes, the tension between us grew thicker. Neither of our Beyblades showed signs of yielding. With a final clash, both spiraled out of the dish and onto the ground.

I raised a brow, picking up my Beyblade. "Not bad," I commented, eyeing Kai.

His eyes widened, and he gritted his teeth. "Damn."

Kai picked up his blade, frustration evident, and slammed his fist against a nearby tree. My eyes widened in surprise.

"What the hell are you doing, actually? Sir?" I yelled, grabbing his attention.

In a split second, he swiftly grabbed my hand, pinning me against a tree and locking eyes with me. I opened my mouth to speak, but he cut me off. "Shut up."

He shot a sharp, hot glare at me. "Why are you so damn..." he paused.

"So damn...?" I inquired, my curiosity piqued.

He groaned and released me, leaning against another tree. "What? I am so damn?"

"SO DAMN ANNOYING, HUH?!" I erupted, my frustration palpable. I shot, "Well, fuck you!" and turned away, storming off.

Before leaving, I tossed over my shoulder, "Nice match, by the way."

Kai watched me leave, his demeanor still sullen. As I distanced myself, he muttered something almost inaudibly.

"But I was going to say... that... you're so damn... pretty?"

Author: like come on bro how to increase the tensionnnnn???