──nineteen;

My face turned into an inscrutable mask as I listened to him speak those words: "Enemies who can't seem to stay away from each other." I didn't know whether to laugh, smile, or give in to the urge to punch him square in the face. So, I settled for rolling my eyes, attempting to hide the creeping blush that had started to crawl across my cheeks.

He had a smirk on his face that could rival the cockiness of a thousand teenage boys combined. Unapologetically, he plopped down on the bed, right in front of me. My initial instinct was to protest, but I stopped myself, realizing that it was his bed after all. I was an uninvited guest in his room, a fact he never let me forget.

As I tried to maintain my composure, he stared at me for a brief second before opening his annoyingly cocky mouth once more. "You're flustered, right?" he declared with that infuriating grin.

My eyes rolled involuntarily, and I couldn't help but snap back, "Stop acting like you know everything about me, jerk."

"Oh? Is it?" he taunted, the smirk on his face growing wider, if that was even possible. "Let's play a game then."

I wanted to refuse, to shut him down, but deep down, I knew that denying him the satisfaction would be impossible. I was well aware that he was going to say something flirty and infuriating, but I couldn't let my guard down. Not now.

"What game?" I asked cautiously.

"You ask me questions about you, and I answer. If I answer them correctly, I win," he explained, his smugness practically radiating off him.

"You're gonna lose, loser," I shot back, determined to maintain my own smugness.

"We'll see, darli—," he began, but I swiftly silenced him with a sharp smack to his mouth.

"Okay, so first one," I began, deciding to take control of this ridiculous game, "What's my most favorite thing in the world?"

His smirk grew even wider as he confidently replied, "You'd die for food and... me."

"No. I would never die for you! Only food!" I corrected him swiftly. "Okay, so what pisses me off the most?"

"Coffee, disturbance, and me," he answered with a grin. Damn, he was right this time. He certainly did piss me off.

I blinked, and he took it as an opportunity to gloat. "Right, ain't I?" he asked.

I ignored his question and proceeded to the next one, determined not to give him the satisfaction of admitting he was right.

"Do I like math?" I asked, trying to hide my curiosity with a smirk. There was no way he'd know for sure.

"You hate it. You'd rather eat mint chocolate ice cream than do math," he replied, his tone confident. I widened my eyes in disbelief. He was right again.

I cleared my throat, determined to stump him this time. "What's my middle name?" I inquired, earning a chuckle from him.