──ten;

We were greeted by the director of the PBB building, who handed us our IDs and gave us some instructions

We were greeted by the director of the PBB building, who handed us our IDs and gave us some instructions. He then took the time to show us around the different rooms in the building. I couldn't help but be impressed by the organization and efficiency of this place.

My attention shifted to Tyson, who seemed completely absorbed in the beyblades on display, his enthusiasm shining through. Suddenly, I stepped on something, and when I looked down, I realized it was Tyson's ID card. I picked it up and called out to him.

"Hey, Tyson?" I said, catching his attention. His initial grin faded when he saw me holding up his ID card. He frantically checked his pockets, clearly panicking. He stammered out a few incomprehensible words. I sighed and handed it back to him, reminding him not to lose it.

I then turned to Max, who was also checking his pockets anxiously, his hand placed over his heart. He sighed with relief upon finding his ID card.

I don't want them to fear me, but it's important to maintain our public image and be responsible. That's why I need to be firm with them when necessary.

We turned around to see a tall blonde woman in a purple dress and lab coat. Max's face lit up with excitement as he hugged her tightly, and she reciprocated the hug.

It's his mom.

I smiled as I watched Max and his mom interact. However, Max's happiness turned to confusion when he realized his mom was the head director of the PBB building.

Head director.

The rest of us were equally surprised by this revelation. Soon, another girl joined us, wearing a cocky smirk on her face. Her eyes locked onto mine, and her smirk grew even wider. She knows that I'm both a blader and their manager, doesn't she?

Judy led us to the research area, where the expensive equipment was housed. Tyson couldn't contain his amazement at the machines. He expressed his belief that a beyblade's true strength came from its owner, which led to some laughter among us.

Judy seemed to recall something, but before she could speak, the girl with the smirk introduced herself as Emily. She removed her lab coat to reveal her tennis outfit.

Her outfit triggered a memory for me.

I used to play sports before I got involved in beyblade tournaments.

Emily spoke with a taunting tone, mentioning that she was the only girl here who could beybattle. Her gaze was fixed on me, and she wore a self-assured grin. I narrowed my eyes at her and responded, "Oh well, you're wrong..."

I retrieved my beyblade from my pants pocket, showing it to her with a smirk. Her eyes widened as she saw the middle part of my blade glint. She rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to Judy, who maintained a smile. I confidently placed my beyblade back in my pocket.

I refused to lose my temper.

After Tyson accepted Emily's challenge for a beyblade battle, Judy dropped a bombshell by thanking Tyson for the data. We were all left in shock, especially Max, who couldn't believe what he had just heard.

"Mom?" Max blurted out, capturing Judy's attention. She seemed apologetic and explained that she had no intention of making anyone upset.

This situation was getting more complicated by the minute, and I knew I needed to talk to Kai about it, even if I didn't want to. I approached him, and he squinted his eyes at me.

"We need to talk," I whispered, not wanting to draw attention from the others who were still processing what had just happened.

Kai didn't respond immediately, but when he finally looked at me, I continued, "It's about the team."

He responded with a careless, "Whatever it is, say."

I rolled my eyes at his nonchalant attitude. "We're being watched since the moment we entered here," I revealed. His eyes darted around, and he spotted Emily observing us. He clenched his jaw and quietly headed for the door, signaling for me to follow him.

I reluctantly trailed after him, feeling increasingly frustrated by his behavior.

Damn you, Kai.